Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

White whale inserts from the '90s which are NOT 1/1 cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Def weird for that type of PR

1. Maybe all 3000 weren't released

2. Not many were kept because of the oversize

3. Something I've thought about is there is only 3000 total in the whole set , not individual. 3000 on the kits seems real low, so it's probably more towards 90,000 kits (3000 x 30), but it seems like if 90,000 total Jumbos existed you'd see more

Ryan

The annoying large size might be a factor here- I agree. It's one card where the rarity just doesn't add up with the print run. A few other things to point out on this issue: the cards actually are serial #/d out of 3000. Doesn't mean that they all got released/printed/distributed evenly or even at all. But there's this: with a total print run of 90,000 cards issued, there are only 6! up for sale between ebay, comc and the Beckett marketplace. That's an amazingly low rate. Of course there is one 1995 score collector's kit for sale on Amazon for $24.99. You get a score rule jumbo AND 26 Score I and II packs! ;)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1566229.html
PLAYER SPECIFIC: 1996 LEAF PREFERRED STEEL BRONZE PROTOTYPE #47

1996%2BLEAF%2BPREFERRED%2BSTEEL%2BBRONZE%2BPROTOTYPE%2B%2347.bmp

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The annoying large size might be a factor here- I agree. It's one card where the rarity just doesn't add up with the print run. A few other things to point out on this issue: the cards actually are serial #/d out of 3000. Doesn't mean that they all got released/printed/distributed evenly or even at all. But there's this: with a total print run of 90,000 cards issued, there are only 6! up for sale between ebay, comc and the Beckett marketplace. That's an amazingly low rate. Of course there is one 1995 score collector's kit for sale on Amazon for $24.99. You get a score rule jumbo AND 26 Score I and II packs! ;)

I have 2 Clark's and have seen only a handful of others of his.

Last year a seller had some lots (5-15 each) of Ripken , maybe Mattingly and I think he still has Javy Lopez available.

But def not a bunch have hit the market

Ryan

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

and a Folder ;)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'd love to find a 1999 Stadium Club quad auto...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=7109]RAZOR-Z[/MENTION] said it first but now I have to make room in my Top 10 for the 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promo.... Beckett just added those to player checklists yesterday and Belle is included :evil:

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Just skimmed the thread but didn't see it mentioned
1998 UD Retro Quantum Leap /50

And I know these were mentioned, it's one of my favorite cards:
crash_iw_f.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just skimmed the thread but didn't see it mentioned
1998 UD Retro Quantum Leap /50

And I know these were mentioned, it's one of my favorite cards:
crash_iw_f.jpg
Love the instant win. It is a card where people might not even know what they have haha... makes it frustrating because you if they don't you won't see it for sale and if they do, they'll ask for an arm and a leg.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Love the instant win. It is a card where people might not even know what they have haha... makes it frustrating because you if they don't you won't see it for sale and if they do, they'll ask for an arm and a leg.

Now if I could just find a '97...
I got lucky with the '98, I think I paid less than $40 and it was an eBay auction.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for posting this! I had seen a set of these forever ago and wanted more info about it. Always figured it was a special 1/1 set that somebody won. Now I wonder if there are more than 1 copy out there.

Adding this to the white whale list - probably similar story / print runs as the 1997 Score Stand and Deliver gold with red letter set.

this is the 1998 Score All-Score Team Gold. Not mine.

_12_zps614dce0d.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I don't know even want to think what I would have to shell out for the Chipper/Rolen/Jeter/ARod I need for my PC. In my 19 years of collecting Alex, this card still eludes me.

Only hope is that most people don't know that it exists. (To be honest, I've wondered myself...) I'd be happy to pick up pretty much any of them. It would basically be the card that captures the childhood dream more than any other...