Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The falling prices of Bowman Chrome autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I was having an interesting conversation about how badly Bowman Chrome auto prices are lately. Most can be had for $2-$3.

There are many factors I'm sure that contribute:

-Endless print run
-expanded checklist
-more parallels
-more scrubs

And I'm sure many more.

With 5 autos/Jumbo box, Does anyone know what the print run is for the base autos these days?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I was having an interesting conversation about how badly Bowman Chrome auto prices are lately. Most can be had for $2-$3.

There are many factors I'm sure that contribute:

-Endless print run
-expanded checklist
-more parallels
-more scrubs

And I'm sure many more.

With 5 autos/Jumbo box, Does anyone know what the print run is for the base autos these days?

I really think the main issue is most guys in the checklist have 0 chance of making a meaningful splash in the MLB.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I also think it has to do with guys being in so many different products. Seems like Jose Abreu has auto's in every single release this year. The market gets watered down that way.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If I can get the newest Dodgers for $2-3, then I am happy. I small part of me would like to see the values rise over time, but only after I secure my copy for $3 or less. Then again, my interest is not for resale, so my goal is to get them as cheaply as possible for the Dodger signature collection.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
The traditional variations seem to sell decently still. Somehow I won a Kendry Flores blue ref auto for $4 or something like that last night. crazy!

I noticed that my second Trae Arbet Bubble Refractor Auto is already bid up higher than the previous one sold for.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know it won't happen but this should be a clear sign to topps that bowman chrome should no longer be made.

They've killed retail because it doesn't sell well there.

They've added an extra auto a box.

They've added a million different refractors.

And yet, the product has tanked with help from a super lack luster checklist.

Members online