User Tag List

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any one else completed the 14 Gwynn set? Just wondering because the shatter stripe only two have surfaced on eBay and one blue.

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadgwynn View Post
    Has any one else completed the 14 Gwynn set? Just wondering because the shatter stripe only two have surfaced on eBay and one blue.
    I have a feeling individual player collectors who haven't already started their player(s) in this set are gonna experience a nightmare if they try to finish their sets as time goes on. I've bought every auto / non auto blue of my guys that have surfaced - and the rarer versions (Shatter Stripe and Zig Zag for NL) seem to be true to their 5 and 10 guessed print runs.

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    I have a feeling individual player collectors who haven't already started their player(s) in this set are gonna experience a nightmare if they try to finish their sets as time goes on. I've bought every auto / non auto blue of my guys that have surfaced - and the rarer versions (Shatter Stripe and Zig Zag for NL) seem to be true to their 5 and 10 guessed print runs.
    I have an Eddie Butler Print Proof 1/1 I could move for 20 DLVD if interested
    PM works best for me

[MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION]
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've experienced this, too. It's going to be harder to collect a full player set the further we get from release date. I know that's always true, but it seems like it may be even more so with this issue as they are highly sought after.

corockies - I think we've seen with some players via ended listings that there are at LEAST five Stripes and Shatter Stripes. So probably more like ten or even more. There were some examples earlier in this thread. Regardless, it was a great idea for Topps to have some rare patterns that were unnumbered. It really helped 2014 Tek create a little of its own mystique. I hope they expand on that idea in the future (assuming they bring back Tek).

1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heads up if it hasnt been discussed. seems like these grade well. two golds, an ice and a shattered all popped a 9.5 for my harper PC.

GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    heads up if it hasnt been discussed. seems like these grade well. two golds, an ice and a shattered all popped a 9.5 for my harper PC.
    Was it my shatter and if so, I hope you read the small print in my auction? Any 2014 tek harpers that grade 9.5, I am to rcv 5 cents paypal upon cards arrival.

GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I've experienced this, too. It's going to be harder to collect a full player set the further we get from release date. I know that's always true, but it seems like it may be even more so with this issue as they are highly sought after.

corockies - I think we've seen with some players via ended listings that there are at LEAST five Stripes and Shatter Stripes. So probably more like ten or even more. There were some examples earlier in this thread. Regardless, it was a great idea for Topps to have some rare patterns that were unnumbered. It really helped 2014 Tek create a little of its own mystique. I hope they expand on that idea in the future (assuming they bring back Tek).
    Many being seen are the same card being sold 2 or more times.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsieb View Post
    Was it my shatter and if so, I hope you read the small print in my auction? Any 2014 tek harpers that grade 9.5, I am to rcv 5 cents paypal upon cards arrival.

lol nope, not yours. it was the previous one i purchased. ill be sending yours out with my order in march.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody seen a '98 buyback yet? I still haven't, nor have I heard of one still.
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9 View Post
    Anybody seen a '98 buyback yet? I still haven't, nor have I heard of one still.
    I haven't. I bet they didn't do it.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I haven't. I bet they didn't do it.
    The question would be why the heck wouldn't they ?

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    The question would be why the heck wouldn't they ?

Ryan
    Probably the same reason why I have been buying Belle Diffractors since 1998 and only own like a dozen of them lol

They probably realized in order for them to get a decent checklist and # of each play it would take a sh!t ton of time and more $ than they wanted? Just a guess.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No RJ non-auto Blue Wave /5 have appeared on eBay in the 2+ months since release. I've seen a pic of one pulled on BO, but never saw it listed. 2 Blue /5 Autos have sold though (got the 2nd one).

I have the full RJ set sans 1/1s and the non-auto blue.
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,652 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Probably the same reason why I have been buying Belle Diffractors since 1998 and only own like a dozen of them lol

They probably realized in order for them to get a decent checklist and # of each play it would take a sh!t ton of time and more $ than they wanted? Just a guess.
    Didn't need to be diffractors , even then if no specific pattern is needed they could assemble it in a decent amount of time. But with base , they could have def done 1/1 , /5 , /10 or whatever without much planning at all. Maybe their working on something. Maybe their lazy.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet just lazy
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son