User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: First transmission of Ebola in US

amosrusie
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can (objectively) put all of the blame on the Republicans for this.

White House backs off surgeon general nominee push amid Dem resistance

Wasn't Dr. Murthy a co-founder of "Doctors for Obamacare"?

This was back in February and March. It would seem that Obama had plenty of time to pick a less partisan Surgeon General nominee.
    Scott

Did your favorite player ever hit 5 home runs in a doubleheader?

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hive17 View Post
    1. Seriously with the Obama comment?

2. Kudos to the health worker for identifying that there may be an issue and self-quarantining themselves.
    The President allowed and continues to allow potential carriers of Ebola into the country because he refuses to enact a travel ban for people coming from ebola hot spots. Ebola would not be in this country right now if he had implemented the ban. East African countries closed their borders to the West African countries with ebola epidemics and so far it has worked to halt the spread. Around 30 countries now have some kind of travel ban, why not the U.S.?

At the very least, people should be quarantined during the incubation period and tested before they are allowed into the U.S. from the ebola hot spots.
    Thanks to MOFNY for finally getting me motivated to start a website:

www.supercollectorcatalog.com

Here is a link to the cameo section:

https://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/cameo-index.html

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Colbert 17 View Post
    I don't think you can (objectively) put all of the blame on the Republicans for this.

White House backs off surgeon general nominee push amid Dem resistance

Wasn't Dr. Murthy a co-founder of "Doctors for Obamacare"?

This was back in February and March. It would seem that Obama had plenty of time to pick a less partisan Surgeon General nominee.
    Still playing politics with the office, which addresses the stupid "Ebola Czar is political" statement. There also isn't much that would be partisan about fighting Ebola in this case. The fact remains that if we had a "Top Doc", we wouldn't need a specific "czar".
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    The President allowed and continues to allow potential carriers of Ebola into the country because he refuses to enact a travel ban for people coming from ebola hot spots. Ebola would not be in this country right now if he had implemented the ban. East African countries closed their borders to the West African countries with ebola epidemics and so far it has worked to halt the spread. Around 30 countries now have some kind of travel ban, why not the U.S.?

At the very least, people should be quarantined during the incubation period and tested before they are allowed into the U.S. from the ebola hot spots.
    TP be like: "Obama's a dictator, acting unilaterally whenever he wants!" "Why isn't the president acting unilaterally?!"
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hive17 View Post
    TP be like: "Obama's a dictator, acting unilaterally whenever he wants!" "Why isn't the president acting unilaterally?!"
    He is the leader of the country. If he wanted a travel ban he could certainly let that be widely known and work with Congress to make it happen. He's a poor leader and hasn't done it. Ebola is in the country because of his lack of leadership. It's not like he hasn't had plenty of time to put a policy in place.

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can also thank President Obola for the uproar in the area around the Pentagon as a women who was recently in Sierra Leone was vomiting on a tour bus.

https://www.arlnow.com/2014/10/17/dev...-the-pentagon/

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooooooooooo looking forward to 2016 when one of two things will happen...........people will get to troll the **** out of TP for 4 - 8 years like he's done here, or we will get to listen to what a slut and whore and utter pos Hillary is for 4 - 8 years, either way, it will make for great comedy.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can also thank President Obola for the uproar in the area around the Pentagon as a women who was recently in Sierra Leone was vomiting on a tour bus.

Story is a little different when you aren't a partisan troll who reads garbage...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...le-bus-n228301
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

diamondlegends
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the leader of the country. If he wanted a travel ban he could certainly let that be widely known and work with Congress to make it happen. He's a poor leader and hasn't done it. Ebola is in the country because of his lack of leadership. It's not like he hasn't had plenty of time to put a policy in place.
    Ebola has been known since the 70s, why didn't Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, or Bush 2 put a policy in place? You know, get ahead of the game?

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you havent taken into account that when people from these countries enter our country, when they eat our food, drink our water, their bodies have to adjust. The food/water supply in their countries are made and cleaned way different then ours.

As I read the story, it says she hadnt traveled as she claimed.

Fordman

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceLynnEvans75 View Post
    Ebola has been known since the 70s, why didn't Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, or Bush 2 put a policy in place? You know, get ahead of the game?
    Guys like TP and OJ have an extreme desire for this to become a disaster here because it plays politically. thats why we're getting the mountain out of the mole hill because even though its a story in its infancy, it needs to be played up...

That's why there are nicknames and body counts (1) and regardless of the story in front of them, its the fault of Obama and the CDC because that has political legs.

At least this republican is looking to fix the issue...or what he thinks the issue is or the issue that doesnt actually exist.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000063

I'm all for stopping all direct flights from those countries and based on facts, me typing it here has made it so.
    Last edited by phillyfan0417; 10-18-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    --Winston Churchill

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you missed it but that "tourist" from Sierra Leone doesnt have Ebola...

--Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceLynnEvans75 View Post
    AIDS came from Africa and has actually kiiled tens of thousands. Why didn't Regan address the epidemic before 20,000 people contracted and began dying from THAT disease. Oh, wait, it think we know the answer...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Guys like TP and OJ have an extreme desire for this to become a disaster here because it plays politically. thats why we're getting the mountain out of the mole hill because even though its a story in its infancy, it needs to be played up...

That's why there are nicknames and body counts (1) and regardless of the story in front of them, its the fault of Obama and the CDC because that has political legs.

At least this republican is looking to fix the issue...or what he thinks the issue is or the issue that doesnt actually exist.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000063

I'm all for stopping all direct flights from those countries and based on facts, me typing it here has made it so.
    I can easily ignore the political aspect of this as I don't really care for US politics either way. But what you are basically saying is the CDC cannot and will not ever be responsible for any oversight. They cannot be held responsible for misinformation, mistakes and anything else that leads to error. If they do happen, we must ignore it and move on because "Its the CDC". Anytime their mistakes are pointed out the only solution is to ignore it and look past it when it comes to people like you. I sure wish they would do that for other people that commit mistakes that could end up killing people. Imagine that!

Like I stated before, YOU only look to fix the problem when the same mistake is made over and over again. I look to fix the issue first so we don't make the same mistake again. You choose to ban aid the problem. Im looking to fix it.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast