User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever looked up a potential scammers fb and could tell he was a scammer by his face?

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just all around bad move to send item before payment is received. Period.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

llwesman
     WesYee
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread should not exist. There is a cost of doing business here, either you pay it in the extra few cents to use tracking or you pay it in the lost packages.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the heck sends without dc anymore??
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Banned
    North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a different card from the same set sent back today with postage due. PWE and thick cards. The post office lady undercharged my girlfriend. Both cards were shipped around the same time at the end of september. I may or may not have used a pwe sending his thick auto/jsy/rc card. I honestly dont remember. Im not 100 percent sure this dude scammed me anymore.
    Last edited by David Anthony; 11-11-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Anthony View Post
    I had a different card from the same set sent back today with postage due. PWE and thick cards. The post office lady undercharged my girlfriend. Both cards were shipped around the same time at the end of september. I may or may not have used a pwe sending his thick auto/jsy/rc card. I honestly dont remember. Im not 100 percent sure this dude scammed me anymore.
    Really? After all the "I could tell by looking at him that he was a scammer" drama the real truth is that you lack the ability to competently mail a package.

This is pretty sad.

untouchabletechniq
     Techniq650
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of how stupid this whole thing was, atleast he told the truth as he got potential info and admitted he may have been wrong.. Would've been easy to continue or disappear from the thread.

If nothing else, props for that.
    Please take a look at my blog https://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com - rather self explanatory, I'd love any thoughts, comments, or opinions!
    Always looking for good pack deals and/or donations!

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the exact same situation the first poster had! As soon as I saw his Facebook profile pic I realized he bought the card not for collecting purposes but for making lines of cocaine! I refunded his $5.00 immediately and donated another $100 to get him enrolled in drug rehab.

EDIT: Update! Card was returned to me with major side and corner damage, and a fine white powder all over it.

Here's a pic of the card I sent him before it was returned:

Last edited by corockies; 11-11-2014 at 12:20 PM.

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CorockiesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1415723093301.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	42817
    -Richard-

Rickeyfanatic
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION] I dig it

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconblues63 View Post
    Really? After all the "I could tell by looking at him that he was a scammer" drama the real truth is that you lack the ability to competently mail a package.

This is pretty sad.
    The internet allows people to jump to conclusions and potentially ruin the reputation of someone without any real proof. At least have something more than his picture to try and make a case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    The internet allows people to jump to conclusions and potentially ruin the reputation of someone without any real proof. At least have something more than his picture to try and make a case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I could not agree more. Irresponsible thread and posts from the OP.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techniq View Post
    Regardless of how stupid this whole thing was, atleast he told the truth as he got potential info and admitted he may have been wrong.. Would've been easy to continue or disappear from the thread.

If nothing else, props for that.

i woudln't give him any credit....even now when he "comes clean" , he still has to shirk and blame....note he threw in the comment about the post office undercharged his girlfriend...not him...but someone else....so he's now shifted the blame from the obvious scammer to either his girl or the postal employee.....not sure which , but he obviously feels one or both of them is incompetent....

and the sad thing is all that could have been avoided had this experienced seller actually shipped a thick card properly....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    i woudln't give him any credit....even now when he "comes clean" , he still has to shirk and blame....note he threw in the comment about the post office undercharged his girlfriend...not him...but someone else....so he's now shifted the blame from the obvious scammer to either his girl or the postal employee.....not sure which , but he obviously feels one or both of them is incompetent....

and the sad thing is all that could have been avoided had this experienced seller actually shipped a thick card properly....

It is technically the post office workers fault for selling my girlfriend a 70 cent stamp on a package. It is also my fault for not knowing this could happen. I always thought I was safe from lack of shipping charges as long as the transaction went through a cashier at the post office.

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new/duplicate account ??

also , as an "experienced" seller with "300 pwe sales in well over 10 years" , OP should at least be aware of the postal rules and regulations....along with rate changes , the usps frequently updates their policies and they post these changes far ahead (usually 2-3 months if not longer) of their implementation......rigid items are not supposed to be sent in pwe's anymore....i've actually seen a postal employee take an envelope and literally bend it in half to see if was considered rigid when the customer wanted to send it as a standard one-ounce letter.....i won't even get into the whole thing about trying to ship thick cards in a pwe....

also , i can't speak for everyone , but if i'm selling something , i either ship the item myself of AT LEAST make sure the person shipping it DOES know the rules.....the old "sorry , my girlfriend got hosed by a stupid postal worker" excuse is pretty lame
    Last edited by gamecockfanatic; 11-11-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino Grady View Post
    It is technically the post office workers fault for selling my girlfriend a 70 cent stamp on a package. It is also my fault for not knowing this could happen. I always thought I was safe from lack of shipping charges as long as the transaction went through a cashier at the post office.
    Forget which ID you're logged in on?
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast