User Tag List

Thread: COMC Port Sales - anyone ever bought or sold a port on COMC?

Banned
     midwestsportscollections
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COMC Port Sales - anyone ever bought or sold a port on COMC?

I'm considering selling a small port on COMC. Has anyone ever done this? Bought or sold? Curious how you felt it turned out and if you'd consider it again. Thanks in advance!

- Jkeys

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sold several smaller ports (less than 200 cards) on COMC, and it can be a real pain in the ass. Expect plenty of lowball offers, usually from the biggest sellers on the site, and I know I never got more than 10% of SV for any of my ports.

COMC is definitely not what it once was. A huge chunk of all new listed cards are junk commons, and if Joel****show is selling then, then they're priced at $50. Port sales end up being one large seller selling out to another, and it really seems like the same few sellers and cards all the damn time.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great topic. I was thinking of dumping mine too.

olerud363
     @olerud363
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't sell on COMC but I've heard stories of guys jacking up their prices just before they list their port for sale.

I agree that there seems to be a lot of junk commons on there. I can't believe COMC still accepts junk-era commons when there are already dozens of copies of each listed and not going anywhere. Seems a waste for someone to pay the processing fee on a card worth a few pennies, and for COMC to fill their warehouse with the stuff.

Regarding joel****show, I too have noticed his ridiculous pricing. $50 for a 2001 Topps Olerud? His prices are usually high and he doesn't really accept offers (in my experience), but that's just ludacris. The only thing I can think of is that he wants to get the cards up and listed asap and just set $50 as a default for everything until he can price everything individually.

Overall I still think COMC is an excellent place to buy cards. It's niche is low end parallels and inserts that go for a few bucks... stuff that isn't worth listing on ebay because the shipping wouldn't be worth it. Also their shipping rate is the best online if you're in Canada: $3.00 for unlimited cards simply cannot be beat. (Also, thanks to their challenges and free shipping offers, I've only had to spend $20 of my own money there in the past nine or ten months!)
    Collecting John Olerud cards and memorabilia.
    My hobby website: www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com

Thanks to JBel4331 for the awesome custom signature and avatar!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone wants to buy out my port, I'm all ears. And I don't change my prices for the sheer joy of raising to play games
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast
    Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!

Banned
     midwestsportscollections
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the replies. Really appreciate it!

untouchabletechniq
     Techniq650
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a port?
    Please take a look at my blog https://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com - rather self explanatory, I'd love any thoughts, comments, or opinions!
    Always looking for good pack deals and/or donations!

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techniq View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a port?
    short for portfolio.....in this case , all your COMC holdings ....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)