Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Port Sales - anyone ever bought or sold a port on COMC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I'm considering selling a small port on COMC. Has anyone ever done this? Bought or sold? Curious how you felt it turned out and if you'd consider it again. Thanks in advance!

- Jkeys

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've sold several smaller ports (less than 200 cards) on COMC, and it can be a real pain in the ass. Expect plenty of lowball offers, usually from the biggest sellers on the site, and I know I never got more than 10% of SV for any of my ports.

COMC is definitely not what it once was. A huge chunk of all new listed cards are junk commons, and if Joelshitshow is selling then, then they're priced at $50. Port sales end up being one large seller selling out to another, and it really seems like the same few sellers and cards all the damn time.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't sell on COMC but I've heard stories of guys jacking up their prices just before they list their port for sale.

I agree that there seems to be a lot of junk commons on there. I can't believe COMC still accepts junk-era commons when there are already dozens of copies of each listed and not going anywhere. Seems a waste for someone to pay the processing fee on a card worth a few pennies, and for COMC to fill their warehouse with the stuff.

Regarding joelshitshow, I too have noticed his ridiculous pricing. $50 for a 2001 Topps Olerud? His prices are usually high and he doesn't really accept offers (in my experience), but that's just ludacris. The only thing I can think of is that he wants to get the cards up and listed asap and just set $50 as a default for everything until he can price everything individually.

Overall I still think COMC is an excellent place to buy cards. It's niche is low end parallels and inserts that go for a few bucks... stuff that isn't worth listing on ebay because the shipping wouldn't be worth it. Also their shipping rate is the best online if you're in Canada: $3.00 for unlimited cards simply cannot be beat. (Also, thanks to their challenges and free shipping offers, I've only had to spend $20 of my own money there in the past nine or ten months!)

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
If anyone wants to buy out my port, I'm all ears. And I don't change my prices for the sheer joy of raising to play games

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts