Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitesox sign Zach Duke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/white-sox-sign-zach-duke/
A 20th-round pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2001 draft, Duke spent much of the first seven years of his career as a starter. He bounced back from a rough start to the 2013 season, when he posted an 8.71 ERA while with the Washington Nationals, to put up solid numbers with the Cincinnati Reds and Brewers.

Could be a great pick-up for the Whitesox, since he has converted to being a reliever he has pitched well. And you can't have to many leftie relievers in the game these day.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Pitched really well. Really well. So well that I don't really understand how he's getting hitters to miss like that. I wish the Brewers would have brought him back but I guess Will Smith can fill that void.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Pitched really well. Really well. So well that I don't really understand how he's getting hitters to miss like that. I wish the Brewers would have brought him back but I guess Will Smith can fill that void.

This surprised me as well. He was cheap last season and did good for the team. So I would have thought they stay some what cheap and lock him in for 2 years too.
But apparently they have other plans for 2015. With that I'm sure the Whitesox are glad he did not stay with the Brew crew.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
They signed him for 3 years/ $15 million. Seems to be a lengthy reach on the part of the White Sox.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't even realize Zach was still in the league (I can't stand watching the Brewers, even when they play the Pirates). How is this the same guy that looked like he was throwing batting practice to the other team in 2010? Definitely a nice contract for him, and well deserved. He's one of the nicer players I've met, and was a bright spot on some really bad Pirates teams.

Members online

Latest posts