Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Odell Beckham Jr Catch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It was objectively a display of phenomenal athletic ability by Beckham Jr and overall an amazing catch - but the best ever? I don't think so lol

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
It was objectively a display of phenomenal athletic ability by Beckham Jr and overall an amazing catch - but the best ever? I don't think so lol

I would like to see some catches you think are better please.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A_Pharis

I think people answer with David Tyree's catch because of its significance and the game. I think that play had more to do with Eli not giving up, and I don't find the catch there to be all that spectacular. Different? Yeah, because he pinned it to his helmet, but I think OBJ's catch was more "him".

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I think people answer with David Tyree's catch because of its significance and the game. I think that play had more to do with Eli not giving up, and I don't find the catch there to be all that spectacular. Different? Yeah, because he pinned it to his helmet, but I think OBJ's catch was more "him".

I see what you're saying, however Eli didn't make the catch, he did his job as a QB and that was to get the ball to his intended receiver.

A_Pharis

I just think the SB catch seems bigger than it is because of the whole play being pretty spectacular.
It ranks in the "Play" category, but - if you take the Eli scramble out - I think OBJ's showed more effort and ability on an individual level.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I would like to see some catches you think are better please.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Tyree catch in the superbowl, AJ green 2011 catch, even Manningham's catch in the superbowl. It's just hard to get as excited about a catch when either way they were going to have the ball at the 1 yard line in an almost meaningless regular season game. At least for me that took something away from it

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I think we need to differentiate between best catch and best moment. When I think best catch I just look at the physical aspect of making the catch, not the moments leading up to it (Elis Scramble), or the situation it occurs in (Super Bowl, regular season game, whatever). Just the fact he was obviously interfered with, then gets almost full extension and catches the ball one handed, with just three fingers, makes that one of the best catches I've ever seen

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've been fairly obsessed with this for the last couple days. His catch was amazing. But it wasn't my favorite play. You can google for other images and find him making all sorts of one-handed catches in the pre-game. Those gloves are doing a lot of the work for him, not to take anything away from it.

But watching this play just makes me giddy. I cannot stop watching it. I mean, he completely jukes the DB, stands around like he's waiting for a bus, the ball finally arrives, he goes woot-WOOT, pwns the DB again into blocking the other DB for him, runs gingerly a few more yards and steps out of bounds, then gets shoved, pinwheeling to the ground, drawing a flag. I want to think he saw #27 coming in as he was waiting for the ball and was able to do some kind of Queen's Rook-Pawn Jedi Mindtrick maneuver to draw #39 inside where he needed him.

Everything about this looks like Buster Keaton playing football, which would be awesome. I still hate the Giants but dammit I like this Giant.
odbeck.0.gif

Latest posts