Thread: Beckett black label

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    I actually really like this idea. Quad tens are near impossible to get and command a premium over standard tens. The problem now is that I see three quad ten becoming the mattress ten and tens will become the new 9.5s, so bgs will hand out more quad tens. One seller already more than five black labels on eBay. No way each of those cards are all completely flawless cards.
    What years?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    What years?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I think if you search bgs black label on eBay you'll find them. The Kris Bryant is listed.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying Rare Autograph's & Insert's of Kenny Lofton.

Website (work in progress): https://kennylofton.weebly.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks cool but agree to what bear0555 said

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the look of the quad 10 pristine. I have done a fair amount of grading and have only had one or two grade pristine, none with quad 10 subs. Likely the seller with all of the black label cards, collected them in the secondary market and had them placed in the new slabs. People that grade a lot have learned how to clean and safely store their cards, along with knowing and working within the margins to get the desired subs.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Love the look of the quad 10 pristine. I have done a fair amount of grading and have only had one or two grade pristine, none with quad 10 subs. Likely the seller with all of the black label cards, collected them in the secondary market and had them placed in the new slabs.
    We can probably check this by seeing if the slab serial numbers are close to each other.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can probably check this by seeing if the slab serial numbers are close to each other.
    Good point. So with that in mind, I did check. He has a 2012 BC and a 2014 BC and the numbers vary greatly, likely not graded at the same time and just slabbed for the new label.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Good point. So with that in mind, I did check. He has a 2012 BC and a 2014 BC and the numbers vary greatly, likely not graded at the same time and just slabbed for the new label.
    That makes me feel better. I guess the other thing to check is the date the cards were graded. And if they weren't graded within the last couple days, how did the seller know to get quad tens and about the black labels?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at some of the grading dates now:

2012 seager:
    November 26, 2014

2014 winker:
    June 20, 2014

2014 giolito
    June 20, 2014

2013 ball
    May 06, 2014

2014 bryant
    July 10, 2014

So this looks to be proof that these cards were not all graded from the same order.

But here's where things get strange. BGS didn't announce the black label until yesterday [black friday]. The seller's Bryant is the exact same one featured in BGS's announcement based on slab serial number. The seller mentions "Black Friday" in his listings. So the seller had to know about the black labels before everyone else. But how?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at some of the grading dates now:

2012 seager:
    November 26, 2014

2014 winker:
    June 20, 2014

2014 giolito
    June 20, 2014

2013 ball
    May 06, 2014

2014 bryant
    July 10, 2014

So this looks to be proof that these cards were not all graded from the same order.

But here's where things get strange. BGS didn't announce the black label until yesterday [black friday]. The seller's Bryant is the exact same one featured in BGS's announcement based on slab serial number. The seller mentions "Black Friday" in his listings. So the seller had to know about the black labels before everyone else. But how?
    Not sure? You could just message him. If I remember him from some of my past dealings, he comes to Dallas to do drops. Which is the way I get my grading done as well, living in the D/FW area. Not sure how he would have been informed on the new labels ahead of his arrival though, thus getting his collected quad 10's into new slabs. Maybe he called ahead to check his fee structure on a drop and they sold him on the new labels. Just a guess.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That at seller just had those slabs slabbed with the new label
    indont think they all just dropped at the same time

I think if you search bgs black label on eBay you'll find them. The Kris Bryant is listed.
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seller knows a few guys at bgs
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look fine, and the distinction with the 4 10s is nice. I don't know why some people are getting so bent out of shape about it. I always though the way they did the white/silver/gold labels made not so much sense. They really should've aligned the gold with Mint or better from the beginning.

One thing they really should do, and maybe they still will, is create a list of all 4x10s currently in the system. I guess that might point to grade inflation if the number increases faster than it has been. But their grading has definitely softened over the years, anyway.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olerud363 View Post
    I don't think yet another label colour is needed, even though a quad-10 is pretty rare. The grade number font is large enough that it stands out just fine IMO. I wish they'd stick to one colour like PSA does.
    I could not agree more. The main reason I stick with PSA and have traded/sold a bunch of my BGS slabs is the holder. PSA holders are more about the card than the holder. I don't mind the original BGS labels with the subs on the back but now they just dominate the card.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBBC View Post
    I could not agree more. The main reason I stick with PSA and have traded/sold a bunch of my BGS slabs is the holder. PSA holders are more about the card than the holder. I don't mind the original BGS labels with the subs on the back but now they just dominate the card.
    I can see that would be an issue for some. I am of the opposite opinion though. I prefer the BGS slab over the PSA. The PSA is thin, which can be easier to store but also can crack easier if transporting and is not as tamper proof. I also do not care for the paper red, white and black type labels which are cheap looking. I did not mind so much when BGS had subs on the back but now you do not have to ask the seller the subs to see if it is a candidate for a possible sub grade bump. Just my take.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123