Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett black label

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I am personally not a fan. I'll give Beckett the benefit of the doubt and assume they tested this concept with focus groups.

But I think for graded cards simplicity and consistency are good. I generally prefer BGS to PSA for modern cards but I like PSA's consistent red and white labeling. More subtle and professional. I don't want the label attracting more attention than the card itself.

But I know MANY others have written many posts about BGS vs PSA labels so won't digress too far down that path...

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't think yet another label colour is needed, even though a quad-10 is pretty rare. The grade number font is large enough that it stands out just fine IMO. I wish they'd stick to one colour like PSA does.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Love the new labels. I'm sure this means they'll probably be giving out more 10s. And more 10s with a 9.5.

Now if they could just redo the god awful Authentic slab label.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Another gimmick from Beckett. I don't trust their grading and I never will. The only BGS graded cards that usually sell for more than PSA are cards like the one pictured with the silly auto grade. All that matters is if the auto is real. I don't own any BGS cards and most likely never will.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I kinda like the idea that a BGS 10 card with all 10 sub grades will get the black label.
And that's it

It's not like all BGS labels are not available in Black labels.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
so when is BGS going to do camo labels for 9's, purple labels for 8's, pink labels for 7's, etc. and add the tagline "collect the rainbow!". ;)

Members online