Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Donaldson Traded to the Blue Jays For Barreto/Lawrie/Graveman/Nolin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Donaldson going to #BlueJays. Lawrie, RHP Kendall Graveman among those going to #Athletics.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Source: Shortstop prospect Franklin Barreto going back to A's in deal for Josh Donaldson.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Don't usually like the prospects for All-Star type trades, but 4 of 'em? And I'm not a big Donaldson fan, so I'll go with a :D.

Especially since I like Lowrie and IF Berreto is a good as I read...

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
So much for all the big moves going down during the Winter Meetings.

The A's need a large roll of bubble wrap for Brett "Edward Fortyhands" Lawrie. Great player when healthy.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Think the A's knew they needed to rebuild their depleted farm system after all the trades last couple seasons. Think it will be a good move in the long run. Anyone know how long the A's had Donadlson under contract??

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I think Lawrie's now officially got the "injury prone" label from the Jays. He's been a big marketting piece for the team, but I guess Russell Martin now becomes the team's Captain Canada.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Just what the Jays don't need...another right handed bat. That being said...i can see Donaldson hitting 40 hrs next yr playing in that park.

Agreed that Lawrie is injury prone...proven throughout his professional career. Looks like JP will be going for broke this winter come hell or high water. I hope they go for Cespedes since he became expendable in Beantown.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Is Brett Lawrie the new Brett Wallace ? Tons of talent, but always on the move and never putting it all together. AND, constantly hurt.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Oakland is such a revolving door. I'll never understand the fans, u can't root for anyone cuz you know they're leaving.

I believe they are the Marlins of the AL. Only difference being that they have done more with less than the Marlins and don't completely gut the team every couple years. It's getting close though.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I hope to see some of the A's prospects at AAA games at the new stadium in Nashville, which opens in April. The stadium is going to look great and hopefully the A's revolving door system doesn't hurt their attendance.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Great move by the A's...Donaldson for Nolin straight up would've seem like a weird deal but understandable. But also getting Lawrie and 2 others? Win Oakland.

Members online

Latest posts