Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nelson Cruz Signs a 4-Year/$57M Contract With the Mariners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Mariners in serious talks with Cruz. Report from @ElCaribeRD in DR says team is in agreement with him on four-year, $57M contract.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
can confirm mariners have deal in place for cruz, as @ElCaribeRD 1st reported. and @jcrasnick 1st confirmed.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
blah should have known better than to think Baltimore who push to keep him. No way they'd put that much out there on him though.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
It pays to use PED's kids. Overpay by the Mariners for a home run hitter and signed him until he is 38. I realize the Mariners are hard up for offense but this is a reach on a DH.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Just thankful the O's were wise to let him walk. I was scared they would commit that money. Wouldn't mind giving $4 years $40 mil to Andrew Miller though.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm not convinced as an M's fan this was a great move. A couple years maybe.. and I still have my suspicions of a guy serving a suspension to end a year because of PED use and come back the next and lead the league in Homers and RBI....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If you look at Miami's depth chart, it's full of some potent offensive names and a handful of former top prospects (LoMo, Ackley, Zunino, to name a few). Long term I'm not sure this will be a great move, but on paper they look pretty tough for 2015. They have a very good staff as well.

Latest posts