User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Twinsfest

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ClarkZac I was in front of you in dozier's line i had a dozier game used jersey I'm guessing it was you because of the Rockies name tag

zc3009
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have been me! Lol

tgutta08
     TWasylikJr
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody happen to have a silver paint pen that is going tomorrow? Bought a Trevor May GU Jersey today that I'll want to get signed tomorrow.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They pretty much have silver and gold pens at every table. Don't trust theirs?

Did some scanning this morning of Friday's haul, but I will scan the rest this evening and post it all at once. Got pretty much everything I wanted last night except for Ploufffe, but will get him today. May try to get Dozier and Bruno again, and Perk again (on my AS Ball.) Janet got two of Nick Gordon. She said nobody was there, and since Nolasco wasn't there, they dropped the price of the table down from $15. to $5. So she got Gordon on a MLBall, bought a mini bat, and went in again. $5 for the #1 draft pick? Wish we had more stuff.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hit up the gordon spot too for $5 gates are just about to open day two the busy day hope everyone gets what they want

devintolly
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    went today but didnt stay to the end but i feel good with what i got

Devin's bucket
    Justin Morneau PC

Always looking to add to my Justin Morneau collection!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Jacque Jones has a cool sig!

dculpepper11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Damn Jacque Jones has a cool sig!
    He really does. Love his sig and Shannon Stewart's as well (upper left ).

dculpepper11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone going tomorrow that's planning to hit Mauer at the end of his session? I could use a SS of him if anyone can help out.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two days worth of TF are done for me. Had a great time last night, got a load of autos, got a few more today, bought some packs of cards, bought a couple of grab bags, stuff at the Yard Sale, etc., etc. Just generally spent more money than I should have. Anyway, on to the stories and scans.

I bought a couple of card sets from Topps back at Christmastime when they had specials here and there (40%, 50% off.) One was a 5x7 set of 5 cards numbered to 99, and an oversize (8 1/2 x 11 1/2) reprint set of 5 1987 cards. I only got that because Gaetti was in it. So I worked on getting those this weekend. Got Mauer, Dozier and Hughes Friday night, and somehow forgot the Plouffe at home today, so I totally missed him. (Josh Willingham is the 5th player and don't know if he'll ever come around again.) Got Bruno and Bert (who personalized, of course) with Gagne, Viola and Gaetti left in that set, but I'm not worried about them.

Worked on a couple of 8 x 10s...

Finished a unique item with Bruno and Hrbek on Friday. I bought this years back for the Gaetti auto, which happened to have Puckett already on it. A couple of years of work at Twinsfest, and voila...

Took care of a couple of Perkins items, first the 5x8 Fanfest set, and today, an AS ball.

Goes along nicely with the Suzuki, which I got signed at Fanfest. didn't go near a Suzuki line this weekend.

Speaking of balls...

#1 Draft Pick, Nick Gordon.

Other autographs, when I have a card, I try to use one. Otherwise, I use plain sketch cards I pick up at Michael's. not as obvious or cheesy as a 3x5, and they are the same size as a baseball card, so they are easy to file. The latest assortment of plain cards include Cole DeVries, Caleb Thielbar (I must have 3-4 of both of them by now), Eric Fryer, Mike Kvasnicka, and two of Tyler Duffy (ballpoint and black sharpie!)

Other autographs...

The yard sale didn't have much for me, but I picked up a few of these for $1 each.

[MENTION=2033]devin[/MENTION], let me know if you want one.

Got a National League AS Jersey for $50, AS t-shirt for $10, nothing in the player jersey dept. that I was keen for. Bought a Phil T-shirt on the pro shop for $10. too. Took a chance on a couple of grab bags. Not the Wives ones for $15, but these were All Star specific ones for $20. Really trying to get rid of that AS crap. One last night came in a decent gift/storage box, and I got 6 pins, a Topps team set (the kind sold in stores, so a nice variation to get) varios other kitch, and a certificate for a Brian Duensing auto'ed ball.

Not on an OMLB ball, but a fairly clean sig.

Got one today that was more of a reusable grocery bag. Nice bag, got a few more pins, two hats (price tags were $49, and $29! Anyone wear a 6 7/8?) Here's my pins...

Really like getting a couple of Peanuts pins, and the Perk jersey is nice. The others are available for trading if someone is interested.

Janet and I finished off Friday night with a stop in the T-Mobile photobooth. couldn't convince Nick to do the same.

Had a good weekend, thanks for reading, and good luck to those going tomorrow! I can't make it.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

zc3009
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice recap Greg! I almost bought an ASG grab bag, but decided against it. My family did end up with three of the SGA grab bags though. I'm working on getting stuff scanned right now so it probably won't be posted until tomorrow. What pins are you looking to trade off [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]? I might be interested depending on the ones you don't need. By the way, it was nice meeting you!

tgutta08
     TWasylikJr
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff Greg and Devin! Working on scanning in all of my stuff tonight so will try and post it up either tonight or tomorrow morning. Got all of the guys that I wanted done, plus a couple extra that just happened to work out for me. First year that I have gone to TwinsFest and not gotten Mauer, didn't really need him on anything. Also didn't bother going through any of the other big lines with Buxton, Sano, Carew, Oliva, Hrbek, or Blyleven, so it was a lot of the current guys and prospects for me.
    Collecting Denard Span!
    Non 1/1: 448/565
    Total 1/1's: 61

devintolly
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice haul Greg!
    I'd be interested in one a morneau what would Ya be lookin for?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Devin's bucket
    Justin Morneau PC

Always looking to add to my Justin Morneau collection!

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    Nice recap Greg! I almost bought an ASG grab bag, but decided against it. My family did end up with three of the SGA grab bags though. I'm working on getting stuff scanned right now so it probably won't be posted until tomorrow. What pins are you looking to trade off [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]? I might be interested depending on the ones you don't need. By the way, it was nice meeting you!
    Always good to put a face with a name! I'd like to keep the Peanuts ones, but the Target Field ones would be available, if you have some different ones.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Greg i bought a box too and ill trade pins. Ill post what I have tomorrow after my private mauer signing. Hehe
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast