Thread: Recent pickups from the last few months

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More King stuff ! Is he included in the new Topps Tek venture ? And, per the usual, outstanding haul, Alex !

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

devintolly
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet stuff!
    Devin's bucket
    Justin Morneau PC

Always looking to add to my Justin Morneau collection!

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic pickups! Beyond the scarcity of the cards you do an awesome job of identifying sets that are interesting, different and look great!

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Nice stuff Alex, you don't mess around! Those are all stunning cards.
    Thanks a ton Ravi and great to see you! Very nice redemption pickup with that Stadium Club Mariano yourself. I hope all has been well for you

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    That Foxx is freaking awesome. Lots of great stuff man!
    Thank you very much! Glove pieces are really nice if you don't already have one. You can find some pretty cheaply priced ones, and you can find some great old timers/HOF that don't have a lot of GU out there.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post
    Nice stuff! If only Topps could have some of the same guarantees of where their GU material came from...
    Thanks! I agree, and haven't been picking up too much newer stuff unless it is Felix or Zunino needs. I'm glad that the 2005 and prior sets have a lot better appeal when it comes to the wording on the cards and the look of the materials used.

Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    Awesome pickups
    Much appreciated and thank you kindly!

Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the foxx myself and have one of the 10 as well. I really like the set concept but never did win any of the others in the set. Also, the bat barrel gu/au is amazing. I have the Dawson and couldn't believe how much of the bat they used to produce these cards. I'd probably have gone after a lot of the same HOF cards you do, including the Sandberg, but have gotten a lot more into prospecting instead.
    Very nice! Between myself, you and [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] we take care of 3 of the 10 then I'm really happy about the Sandberg and feel like I got a great close to steal price. Do you have a scan of the Dawson? I bet that is a great card too. How has prospecting been treating you? I don't prospect much, but I'll bust Bowman product to sell quickly (hopefully more than the slot or box break) to fund my PC that way while taking care of the wax breaking itch.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishDave View Post
    More King stuff ! Is he included in the new Topps Tek venture ? And, per the usual, outstanding haul, Alex !
    Thanks a ton Dave! Yeah, Felix pickups haven't been to frequent. I'm just not much a fan of all the newer stuff. He doesn't seem to have any more autographs out there after this year/last year as all of the new stuff doesn't have him on the checklist away from base/parallels. I'm fine with that though. The lesser the autos the better the value hopefully Fortunately and unfortunately he is not in Topps Tek this year. I'm happy Walker is in it but I wish Zunino was as well.

Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    sweet stuff!
    Thanks Devin!

Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    Fantastic pickups! Beyond the scarcity of the cards you do an awesome job of identifying sets that are interesting, different and look great!
    Thanks so much! Very much appreciated on the interesting/different sets, that means a ton coming from a great collector as yourself I like your recent HOF jersey pickups from the RC years. There are a few of the mediocre guys I wouldn't mind going after but knowing Berra and Musial have cards in that set would make it fun to chase as well.
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicalex777 View Post

Very nice! Between myself, you and @MojoDan we take care of 3 of the 10 then I'm really happy about the Sandberg and feel like I got a great close to steal price. Do you have a scan of the Dawson? I bet that is a great card too. How has prospecting been treating you? I don't prospect much, but I'll bust Bowman product to sell quickly (hopefully more than the slot or box break) to fund my PC that way while taking care of the wax breaking itch.
    Didn't know we have three of them. I bought mine from amazing mets collector [his id is something like that] who is on here. This had to be about 5 years ago. He doesn't remember who the player on the card is, haha.

I just scanned my Dawson. Happy to get it for about the same price as your sandberg - i agree the sandberg went cheaper than i expected.

Prospecting is crazy. Especially now during BDP season, i really have to get my time management straight. KNow your stuff and it's like gambling with the odds in your favor. The amount of work that goes into it really makes it another job but it's what I love to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0597.jpg  

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Felix collection is incredible. Do you have a link to all of it?

And I love that Zunino

holyknight32
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome cards! Love the Griffey Diffractor Auto /5 card! Congrats!
    Check out my AMAZING Griffey collection: https://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/Tpm2780/

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude outstanding pick ups the Casey Stengel is the card to have there he doesn't have many nice patches
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    Didn't know we have three of them. I bought mine from amazing mets collector [his id is something like that] who is on here. This had to be about 5 years ago. He doesn't remember who the player on the card is, haha.

I just scanned my Dawson. Happy to get it for about the same price as your sandberg - i agree the sandberg went cheaper than i expected.

Prospecting is crazy. Especially now during BDP season, i really have to get my time management straight. KNow your stuff and it's like gambling with the odds in your favor. The amount of work that goes into it really makes it another job but it's what I love to do.
    Nice and keep up the great work prospecting wise, especially if you have the time and success for it. Thanks for the scan on the Dawson! I love the GU look too with the marking under the autograph.

Any googly eyes from you is quite the compliment Thanks Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
    Your Felix collection is incredible. Do you have a link to all of it?

And I love that Zunino
    Thanks so much man! The Zunino is a new favorite. Here is a link to my Felix PC: https://s84.photobucket.com/user/meta...?sort=6&page=1

I have too many favorites to show, but I think the top 3 right now for me is the Gold Refractor Autograph, the UD Premier 1/1 Logoman (his very first) and the Museum Collection 10/10 logo patch autograph. Your ongoing Stanton PC is beyond amazing itself! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see you land the barrel and logoman when they surface

Quote Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
    Awesome cards! Love the Griffey Diffractor Auto /5 card! Congrats!
    Thank you sir! Lovely card for sure, rare when scans don't do equal justice to the visual look of the card

Quote Originally Posted by jcmint View Post
    Dude outstanding pick ups the Casey Stengel is the card to have there he doesn't have many nice patches
    Haha thanks Joe! Yeah, I was surprised to come across the Certified one I posted. I have another one I got from [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] that I still have. Great patch but I love the 2001 set better:

King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that 2001 set is legendary man. I have some really nice football patch autos from that set. Nice baseball ones as well. Def one of my favorite sets
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12