Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent pickups from the last few months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hello Ladies and Gents!

It's been awhile since I've done a showoff thread. It is nothing close to [MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] posts, but equally as happy adding these to my PC recently. Some of these have already been shown in the prior monthly pickup threads but most others are finally scanned to be able to show as well as added in to be shown as a bulk group :)

2014 Topps High Tek Ken Griffey Jr. Blue Diffractor Autograph 5/5:
b11fccf3-8072-40e3-abc9-2bace89d510f.jpg
ae4d18f3-d49b-43cd-85c4-9bfc3478c579.jpg

2013 Topps Chrome Mike Zunino Superfractor Autograph 1/1:
scan10.jpg
scan11.jpg

2014 Triple Threads Felix Hernandez Jumbo Patch Booklet 1/1 (BIG thanks to [MENTION=3494]heavy_hitter[/MENTION] for a great trade/purchase that landed me this and the Zunino above):
felixpatch.jpg

2004 UD Sweet Spot Ryne Sandberg Game Used Bat Barrel Autograph 2/10 (I love the wording on the back of the card :) ):
scan1-1.jpg
scan2.jpg

1994 UD SP Prospects Derek Jeter On Card IP Autograph (I still need to send this to PSA to get authenticated):
nov01.jpg

2003 Leaf Limited Leather and Lace Jimmie Foxx 10/10 (I've had this one for awhile but wanted to show it with the newer ones below):
april09.jpg
april10.jpg

2003 Leaf Limited Leather and Lace Mike Schmidt 6/10:
leaflimited1.jpg
leaflimited2.jpg

2003 Leaf Limited Leather and Lace Adam Dunn 4/10:
leaflimited3.jpg
leaflimited4.jpg

2005 Absolute Gary Carter Glove/Chestplate/Jersey 2/10:
crop4.jpg
crop5.jpg

2005 Absolute Hoyt Wilhelm Laundry Tag/Jersey/Pants 45/75:
hoyt1.jpg
hoyt2.jpg

2005 Leaf Limited Bob Gibson Wool Patch Autograph 4/25:
scan12.jpg
scan13.jpg

2001 Topps Team Legends Tug McGraw Autograph:
july03.jpg

2001 Leaf Certified Casey Stengel Wool Patch 8/37:
september01.jpg
september02.jpg

2012 National Treasures Felix Hernandez Die Cut Jumbo Patch Autograph 2/5:
scan5-1.jpg
scan6.jpg

2012 National Treasures Felix Hernandez Die Cut Jumbo Jersey Autograph 27/49:
scan7.jpg
scan8.jpg

2013 Topps Felix Hernandez Jumbo Patch 18/20:
july1.jpg

2013 Museum Collection Felix Hernandez Logo Patch 29/99:
july3.jpg

2014 Museum Collection Felix Hernandez Logo Patch 35/99:
scan9.jpg

2013 Bowman Chrome Taijuan Walker Blue Wave RC Autograph 38/50:
september04.jpg
september05.jpg

2013 Bowman Chrome Taijuan Walker Refractor Autograph BGS 9/10:
crop1.jpg

2013 Museum Collection Taijuan Walker Logo Patch Autograph 51/299:
april02.jpg

2013 Topps Chrome Mike Zunino Blue Refractor Autograph 138/199:
scan3.jpg
scan4.jpg

2012 Topps Chrome Jesus Montero Atomic Refractor Autograph 1/10 (couldn't pass up the price of $9 lol):
tek10.jpg
tek11.jpg

I hope you all can enjoy a few sights here, and if you have any leads on any 2013 Mike Zunino RC Parallels I could use the extra eyes finding the Atomic/Camo/Black with silver ink refractor autographs to finish up the rainbow :)

Thanks a ton for looking and comments always welcome and appreciated!

Alex

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
The top three cards and the Foxx relic are just flat out ridiculous. Telling you nice picks, would be a major understatement.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Great stuff! If you'd consider selling the Bob Gibson patch auto at any point, shoot me a PM.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
The top three cards and the Foxx relic are just flat out ridiculous. Telling you nice picks, would be a major understatement.

Thanks a ton man! The Foxx was on my wishlist quite some time ago so I am happy to finally have one. That is a strong player checklist for the leather and lace set and might be one I try to complete over time. I think the Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and Kirby Puckett will be the tough ones to find and get.

Awesome cards, of course I especially love the Tugger, but they are all great

You and your Mets lol! Thanks for the reply dude!

Oh my. Amazing stuff Alex!

Thanks Michael! If you end up needing the Sandburg Sweet Spot let me know, I like it for the PC but I would move it to you since you have so many :)

Great stuff! If you'd consider selling the Bob Gibson patch auto at any point, shoot me a PM.

Thanks a ton! I am a huge fan of the Gibson, but feel free to send me an offer before I decide if it stays or goes :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Holy moly, Alex!!!:eek:
Totally diggin' the McGraw & the Stengel, for obvious reasons.:cool:

That orange and blue ;) Thanks Dave! Do you have a McGraw auto?

That Griffey is sweet. Picked up a cano from the tek stuff really like how they look in person

Thanks man! Nice on the Cano, I have a base as well. Are you going after any parallels? I'm going after the Walker non numbered run myself.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Nice stuff! If only Topps could have some of the same guarantees of where their GU material came from...

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks a ton man! The Foxx was on my wishlist quite some time ago so I am happy to finally have one. That is a strong player checklist for the leather and lace set and might be one I try to complete over time. I think the Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and Kirby Puckett will be the tough ones to find and get.

I'm a huge fan of the foxx myself and have one of the 10 as well. I really like the set concept but never did win any of the others in the set. Also, the bat barrel gu/au is amazing. I have the Dawson and couldn't believe how much of the bat they used to produce these cards. I'd probably have gone after a lot of the same HOF cards you do, including the Sandberg, but have gotten a lot more into prospecting instead.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
More King stuff ! Is he included in the new Topps Tek venture ? And, per the usual, outstanding haul, Alex !

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Fantastic pickups! Beyond the scarcity of the cards you do an awesome job of identifying sets that are interesting, different and look great!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Nice stuff Alex, you don't mess around! Those are all stunning cards.

Thanks a ton Ravi and great to see you! Very nice redemption pickup with that Stadium Club Mariano yourself. I hope all has been well for you :)

That Foxx is freaking awesome. Lots of great stuff man!

Thank you very much! Glove pieces are really nice if you don't already have one. You can find some pretty cheaply priced ones, and you can find some great old timers/HOF that don't have a lot of GU out there.

Nice stuff! If only Topps could have some of the same guarantees of where their GU material came from...

Thanks! I agree, and haven't been picking up too much newer stuff unless it is Felix or Zunino needs. I'm glad that the 2005 and prior sets have a lot better appeal when it comes to the wording on the cards and the look of the materials used.

Awesome pickups

Much appreciated and thank you kindly!

I'm a huge fan of the foxx myself and have one of the 10 as well. I really like the set concept but never did win any of the others in the set. Also, the bat barrel gu/au is amazing. I have the Dawson and couldn't believe how much of the bat they used to produce these cards. I'd probably have gone after a lot of the same HOF cards you do, including the Sandberg, but have gotten a lot more into prospecting instead.

Very nice! Between myself, you and [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] we take care of 3 of the 10 then :) I'm really happy about the Sandberg and feel like I got a great close to steal price. Do you have a scan of the Dawson? I bet that is a great card too. How has prospecting been treating you? I don't prospect much, but I'll bust Bowman product to sell quickly (hopefully more than the slot or box break) to fund my PC that way while taking care of the wax breaking itch.

More King stuff ! Is he included in the new Topps Tek venture ? And, per the usual, outstanding haul, Alex !

Thanks a ton Dave! Yeah, Felix pickups haven't been to frequent. I'm just not much a fan of all the newer stuff. He doesn't seem to have any more autographs out there after this year/last year as all of the new stuff doesn't have him on the checklist away from base/parallels. I'm fine with that though. The lesser the autos the better the value hopefully :) Fortunately and unfortunately he is not in Topps Tek this year. I'm happy Walker is in it but I wish Zunino was as well.

sweet stuff!

Thanks Devin!

Fantastic pickups! Beyond the scarcity of the cards you do an awesome job of identifying sets that are interesting, different and look great!

Thanks so much! Very much appreciated on the interesting/different sets, that means a ton coming from a great collector as yourself :) I like your recent HOF jersey pickups from the RC years. There are a few of the mediocre guys I wouldn't mind going after but knowing Berra and Musial have cards in that set would make it fun to chase as well.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Very nice! Between myself, you and @MojoDan we take care of 3 of the 10 then :) I'm really happy about the Sandberg and feel like I got a great close to steal price. Do you have a scan of the Dawson? I bet that is a great card too. How has prospecting been treating you? I don't prospect much, but I'll bust Bowman product to sell quickly (hopefully more than the slot or box break) to fund my PC that way while taking care of the wax breaking itch.

Didn't know we have three of them. I bought mine from amazing mets collector [his id is something like that] who is on here. This had to be about 5 years ago. He doesn't remember who the player on the card is, haha.

I just scanned my Dawson. Happy to get it for about the same price as your sandberg - i agree the sandberg went cheaper than i expected.

Prospecting is crazy. Especially now during BDP season, i really have to get my time management straight. KNow your stuff and it's like gambling with the odds in your favor. The amount of work that goes into it really makes it another job but it's what I love to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.