Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TEK = Topps Product of the Year?

Is Topps TEK the 2014 Topps "Product of the year"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
It turns out that the serial numbered Cracked Ice, Disco, and Clouds Diffractors were completely unnecessary. The unnumbered base versions like Zig Zag, Shattered Stripe, and Stripes seem to be selling better than their serial numbered counterparts. Maybe even better sellers than base autos (which would seem to be extra work and expense).

If Topps made 90 or 100 patterns of each card does that make the product significantly more expensive to produce? I'm wondering if that would prevent it from ever happening... and I have no knowledge of the industry.

Maybe some hybrid of 98 and 2014 would be cool where there are a higher number of patterns for each player and tiers of (unnumbered) rarity.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Seems like it is; but I hope the next Panini NT release will blow everyone out of the water, but I know it's not a Topps product.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
It turns out that the serial numbered Cracked Ice, Disco, and Clouds Diffractors were completely unnecessary.

More unnecessary was the Black & White #/15. Someone explain that one. All these cool background patterns, even cooler refractor technology, then a no color version that looks like a black printing proof. Makes no sense. Probably a money saving move. Might inspire 2015 Topps Proofs & Plates

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts