User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Emily Tester Sketch Card Thread

  1. #16
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you over here. Your work is fantastic. Thank you for the continuous communication. I can not wait to see my Gehrig piece. If it is the same quality of your other works, I am sure I will be more than pleased. The Clemente posted above is the best sketch of him I have ever seen.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

  2. #17
    Senior Member finestkind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,936
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Welcome to the site.

  3. #18
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Glad to see you over here. Your work is fantastic. Thank you for the continuous communication. I can not wait to see my Gehrig piece. If it is the same quality of your other works, I am sure I will be more than pleased. The Clemente posted above is the best sketch of him I have ever seen.
    Thank you so much! I will let you know as soon as I get the Gehrig piece finished.

    Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    Very cool. Welcome to the site.
    Thanks for the welcome!

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    846
     carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not usually big on sketch cards, but those look great. Loved the Kershaw and the Clemente- those looked terrific.
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

  5. #20
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few more cards:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	babe_ruth_yankees_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7rknnd.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	44489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogers_hornsby_cardinals_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o95ru.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	44490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christy_mathewson_ny_giants_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o968a.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	44491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cool_papa_bell_st__louis_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o96yg.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	44492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mordecai_brown_chicago_cubs_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o979x.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	44493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lou_gehrig_and_babe_ruth_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o97hd.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	44494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nap_lajoie_indians_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o96iw.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	44495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ty_cobb_detroit_tigers_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o95lv.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	44496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tris_speaker_deadball_era_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d7o93c2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	44497

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,306
     indymann57
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing work! Love the Cobb.

  7. #22
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,427
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic work!

  8. #23
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrsallstars View Post
    I am not usually big on sketch cards, but those look great. Loved the Kershaw and the Clemente- those looked terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyManning18 View Post
    Amazing work! Love the Cobb.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Fantastic work!
    Thanks very much!!!

  9. #24
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lou_gehrig_yankees_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d8cqwbr.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	44753

    I can not wait to get this in hand. This is my first sketch card and I do not think I could have gone with a better artist. Thank you so much for your time and work.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

  10. #25
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lou_gehrig_yankees_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d8cqwbr.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	44753

    I can not wait to get this in hand. This is my first sketch card and I do not think I could have gone with a better artist. Thank you so much for your time and work.
    Thank you for asking me to do the card. I always enjoy drawing the great classic players!

  11. #26
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lou_gehrig_yankees_baseball_sketch_card_by_avintagedreamer-d8cqwbr.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	44753

    I can not wait to get this in hand. This is my first sketch card and I do not think I could have gone with a better artist. Thank you so much for your time and work.
    Quote Originally Posted by retroart View Post
    Thank you for asking me to do the card. I always enjoy drawing the great classic players!
    I got this in today and I must say, it is one of the best card purchases I have ever made. I never considered buying a sketch card before, but when I saw your work I wanted one. The scan does not do the detail and your abilities justice. If anybody is on the fence about sketch cards, get one from Emily and you will not regret it. Thank you so much and a talent such as yourself is sure to prosper. When I have a chance, I will scan the card myself and gladly post a larger image of it.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

  12. #27
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    I got this in today and I must say, it is one of the best card purchases I have ever made. I never considered buying a sketch card before, but when I saw your work I wanted one. The scan does not do the detail and your abilities justice. If anybody is on the fence about sketch cards, get one from Emily and you will not regret it. Thank you so much and a talent such as yourself is sure to prosper. When I have a chance, I will scan the card myself and gladly post a larger image of it.
    You are much too kind! Thank you so much!

  13. #28
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very nice work ! Some if those are at the top of what I have seen in sketches. Do you usually only work with older players and black and whites ?


    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  14. #29
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Very very nice work ! Some if those are at the top of what I have seen in sketches. Do you usually only work with older players and black and whites ?


    Ryan
    As of right now, I only use black and white (haven't started experimenting with color yet). I do both current and older players, but prefer doing the older ones.

  15. #30
    Junior Member retroart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
     jetseller111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are two sketch cards I just finished: a Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays card and an Omar Vizquel card. They are both up for auction on eBay this week if anyone is interested.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mantle & mays.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	45281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omar vizquel.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	305.5 KB 
ID:	45282

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •