Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves Finalzing Justin Upton Trade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Per MLB Trade Rumors....

[h=2]Braves Finalzing Justin Upton Trade[/h]By Steve Adams [December 19, 2014 at 7:45am CST]
The Braves are finalizing a trade of Justin Upton, tweets Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports. Late last night, Fangraphs’ Kiley McDaniel reported that Atlanta appeared to be “down the road” on a deal sending Upton to an AL West team for young pitching (Twitter link).

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I'm guessing Texas but we'll see. I knew he was going to get dealt it was just a matter of time. As a Braves fan though it's really bad to lose Heyward and Justin in the same offseason and still have the worst one in BJ...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Braves' return from #Padres for Upton figures to include at least one of three top prospects: Renfroe, Wisler or Hedges.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN
Max Fried is going to Braves in Justin Upton deal according to #Padres source

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Braves pickup a young OF like Liriano from the Padres since the padres have a glut of OFs and the Braves are a little thin.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Another PTBNL from SD?

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
One name that has been mentioned in Padres-Braves trade talks: Michael Gettys, a tooled-up OF from Georgia. Would be PTBNL if he's in deal.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN
Jace Peterson 2B also going to Braves in Upton deal

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
lhp max fried, ss jace peterson, 3b dustin peterson, of mallex smith going to braves for justin upton and low-level player

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Are the guys going to the Braves supposed to be any good? I haven't heard of any of them and as a Braves fan I have to look towards the future now since our team probably won't be all that great next year.

The Padres are not messing around this year! This has to be the best offseason that franchise has ever had! Padres fans I guess you would know for sure.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Are the guys going to the Braves supposed to be any good? I haven't heard of any of them and as a Braves fan I have to look towards the future now since our team probably won't be all that great next year.

The Padres are not messing around this year! This has to be the best offseason that franchise has ever had! Padres fans I guess you would know for sure.

Braves lost this one. Fried is the top guy, and he's coming off TJ. Didn't exactly dominate pre-surgery, either. But he's one of Milb's top 10 lefty pitchers.

Jace is a decent 2B, but has much more speed than bat. Dustin has a good ceiling, but is a long way away. Smith is an 80-speed guy, but little else.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Braves lost this one. Fried is the top guy, and he's coming off TJ. Didn't exactly dominate pre-surgery, either. But he's one of Milb's top 10 lefty pitchers.

Jace is a decent 2B, but has much more speed than bat. Dustin has a good ceiling, but is a long way away. Smith is an 80-speed guy, but little else.

If you combined all their strenghts into one player, would you have an all star or a pitcher with speed, who fields his position well, with no bat??

WaxPax

Pretty much what you would expect for a one year rental, I'm sure the salary relief was factored into it from Atlanta's stand point....

Latest posts