Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone working on a building a set they know will be near impossible to complete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Lots of folks showing up lately that I haven't seen in a while. Big fan, talmer, big E.....

I'll throw my hat in. Been working on the fleer club 3000 gu set for years now. It may still be in my sig.... im on mobile.

Breakdown....14 players. 6 cards per player. Base. Jersey. Bat. Bat / jersey. Bat / hat / jersey.

I have all but 6 or 7 of the triples (numbered to 25).

The triples are almost never seen. When they pop up they command a serious premium. Thanks to top for getting me a couple this year!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hey! How are things!

Which ones do are you still looking for?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
2001 Donruss base set - still need 159 Ben Sheets Buyback #/500 - this was a last minute replacement redemption in the set. I have only seen one of these since 2001 and I missed it.

I collect Ben Sheets (for what reason, I still don't know...), and this is one of the few early Sheets I need. Never seen one, although I have either seen or owned every available parallel to it.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
I collect Ben Sheets (for what reason, I still don't know...), and this is one of the few early Sheets I need. Never seen one, although I have either seen or owned every available parallel to it.

Thanks for the response. The only one that I saw went for well over $100. I thought that I had a good bid, but was nowhere near the ending price. Still kicking myself for not putting a higher bid on it. Oh well. This will be one of those endless chases for me.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
ALLEN GINTER Sets
2006 Autograph
2007-2014 Red Ink Auto /10
2006-2014 Artist Original Sketch 1/1
2006-2014 UNRIPPED Rip cards

Wow that takes things to a different level in my book. Extensive, expensive expansive and just insane. How far along are you in each?

LegendsHOF

May 7, 2010
Baseball Hall of Fame autographs is mine. I have 44 different with some duplicates, but still havent gotten into the super high enders and with a chance new hall of famers going in makes it that much more tougher.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
2hywgap.jpg

Also have Alomar and a Stanton redemption

244edxu.jpg

Have about 12-15 so far, but this is my first /50.

Neither her one of these sets will be impossible, as the patches are /35 and the lowest base is /50. But I kinda missed a decimal point in my cost calculations. I can see this project costing $5000-$8000, and that's being patient.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I seriously don't think I'll ever finish my 2001 Fleer Game Time Famers Lumber set. All the cards are numbered out of 100 but they never, ever show up.
Fortunately I only need Thurman Muson and Willie Stargell. Of course I've never seen either of them and I've been looking for nearly six years.

I'm also working on the 2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th game used and autograph sets. I just need some of the Sp's for the Splednid Slpinters GU bat set and some of the SP's for the Red Sox Threads set. Those are SP'd to 100 copies and hardly ever show up either and when they do they are big money. The BoxSox Sigs set isn't as tough but the autos of the superstars are very rare.

I'm halfway still working on the 2003 Leaf Lumber Off My Back set. Each card is numbered to 50, but since I started 10 years after the set was made I doubt I'll finish it. Same with the 2005 Patch Off My Back set. I just waited too long to start them :(

Members online

Latest posts