Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did OB2 start too late to win ROY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Another monster game for Beckham today vs. StL.

After a huge last month and a half or so, and with all the Hype of "the Catch" vs. Dallas, does Odell Beckham have enough votes to win the offensive ROY award?

There's not a lot of great competition outside of his fellow WRs, so I'd say he has a pretty good shot at it...

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Today more than likely sealed it for him. Mike Evans is having a great year but the Bucs are terrible and get no coverage, all you hear about each week is Beckham and playing in New York helps his chances. They should factor in he didn't play for 1/4 of the season and Evans did play all year, but I'm sure the voters won't.

DowntownBreaks

Jun 18, 2010
Kansas City
If he DOESN'T win I'd be really surprised. But Bridgewater is having himself a decent season...and Evans has been consistent since week 1. If Tre Mason would have been a started in Week 1 he'd likely be in the running as well.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
ODB should roll. His #'s have been absolutely incredible for the amount of games he's played.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
QB> WR but I would still say he has it. I don't know why Mike Evans is in the talks. Great year sure, poopy team and a WR though.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
QB> WR but I would still say he has it. I don't know why Mike Evans is in the talks. Great year sure, poopy team and a WR though.

Mike Evans has had a great rookie year. Not his fault his team is garbage. Not like the Giants are going to the playoffs either. But I do think Beckham will win since he's been doing so well in he 2nd half.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Beckham made 1st Alternate at WR for the Pro Bowl.

Pretty impressive, and the veterans "behind" him are nothing to sneeze at...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Somebody pulled his Auto superfractor a few days back and has it up on the Auction site with a ridiculous BIN...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
ODB, Hill and Chris Borland (on the defensive side) are the guys that made the most impact this year. Evans did it for a 4 game stretch, but has cooled off recently.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Another MONSTER Game for OB2 today vs. the turrible Eagles pass D...

11 receptions, 185 yards including a 69 yard TD.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I don't get to watch any Giants games but I follow all teams on ESPN and it is just amazing how many times Eli throws to him per game. 21 times today.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Zack Martin = the real rookie of the year

OBJ will win it. His late start doesn't matter, as his 12 game season has been nothing short of spectacular. He didn't just put up solid numbers - he looked damn good doing it. He's riding the hype train and is the media's "it guy" right now (and rightfully so).

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Odell Beckham Jr. 2014 stats:

Games played - 12
Receptions - 91
Yards - 1,305
Avg yards per reception - 14.3
TDs - 12

Mike Evans 2014 stats:

Games played - 15
Receptions - 68
Yards - 1,051
Avg yards per reception - 15.5
TDs - 12

Beckham really has came on of late and not let down, but Mike Evans has had a fantastic year and has the same amount of TDs and a larger average per catch than Beckham. He also hasn't had a two time super bowl winning QB throwing him the ball and doesn't play in New York, so he gets no love. But those stats don't lie. Beckham will win and he deserves it with how well he's played, but for those to not say Evans should be in the conversation are crazy.

Members online