Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rare Steve Garvey items out there in collections? Show them off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I see you nabbed a Pepsi membership card. Nice. I just saw a 78 sell for $50 with a kids name and signature on it.

I am not 100% sure I have a Garvey Gear card. I seemed to have missed them each time they appeared (n ot frequently). I might, but I don't remember. You got that off COMC Correct?

stevegarveyfan

Jan 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I see you nabbed a Pepsi membership card. Nice. I just saw a 78 sell for $50 with a kids name and signature on it.

I am not 100% sure I have a Garvey Gear card. I seemed to have missed them each time they appeared (n ot frequently). I might, but I don't remember. You got that off COMC Correct?

Thanks for the nice comment. It was definitely the main highlight of this batch for me. Not sure I remember who I purchased the Garvey Gear from, but it was in the past year and probably was from COMC.

I saw that Garvey Pepsi card that sold for $50-ish. The kid's signature was pretty cute, considering that he was probably very proud to be a member of that club! I was a little surprised to see how much it went for, considering that kid's signature though. Makes me wonder what mine might be worth, considering it's fresh and in high grade. Oh well, it ain't for sale, but still I'd be curious to know.

I submitted these in person at a show in Frisco, TX. The two guys from SGC were very nice and immensely helpful and accommodating.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The problem with that type of item is that the demand for it can be spotty. I was guilty of pushing the price up early on thinking I needed it despite the writing on it (I have a pretty nice collection of junior membership items across several teams), but then dug into my stuff to make sure because I was not wanting to pay much for it as a filler and found that I had one already. That is also the price of disorganization or just having way too much stuff. Since he is featured on multiple years for that membership card, I lost track of what I had. I was out at less than half of the end selling price.

In the end, 4 people were willing to pay at least $35 for it, which frankly surprises the hell out of me too. Another one could pop up down the road and only sell for $10, so you never know.

Thanks for the nice comment. It was definitely the main highlight of this batch for me. Not sure I remember who I purchased the Garvey Gear from, but it was in the past year and probably was from COMC.

I saw that Garvey Pepsi card that sold for $50-ish. The kid's signature was pretty cute, considering that he was probably very proud to be a member of that club! I was a little surprised to see how much it went for, considering that kid's signature though. Makes me wonder what mine might be worth, considering it's fresh and in high grade. Oh well, it ain't for sale, but still I'd be curious to know.

I submitted these in person at a show in Frisco, TX. The two guys from SGC were very nice and immensely helpful and accommodating.

I really miss being able to see the bidder IDs though. I am always curious who wins some of these things when it is not one of the usual suspects (I know several of the hidden user IDs as we battle frequently, but it's been years since you could see them). This piece was won by someone I don't recognize.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure if I shared this yet. It’s a game used lineup card signed by manager HOF Walt Alston from Garvey’s rookie season (he played a bit before 1971 but didn’t play enough to qualify as a rookie before then.)

IMG_3593.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online