Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alright patch guys which ones are fake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Yeah this guy is special. While I believe that almost all of his cards are real and he is a pretty good seller. Ive only seen a couple cards I was looking at shilled. His real shenanigans lies in his buying practices. Ive been watching him for years and he has multiple ebay user ids. I have enough information to crash the interwebs on this guy, but I am too tired to go into specifics and if his real name was found out everyone on this site would lose faith in humanity.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Link isn't working for me but the seller is: donut13666 I follow his patch auctions religiously and I f***ing missed all of them I'm so pissed. Joe I gotta be honest with you I trust this guy's patches more than anyone else's on eBay who is an exclusive patch seller - I didn't notice any blatant fakes though some could certainly be debated. Which were you thinking?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah this guy is special. While I believe that almost all of his cards are real and he is a pretty good seller. Ive only seen a couple cards I was looking at shilled. His real shenanigans lies in his buying practices. Ive been watching him for years and he has multiple ebay user ids. I have enough information to crash the interwebs on this guy, but I am too tired to go into specifics and if his real name was found out everyone on this site would lose faith in humanity.

Dammit are you serious? I follow this guys auctions religiously. That sucks..

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Last edited:

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I've followed Donut's auctions and while it appears a large majority can pass as real, I do believe he has sold some bad fakes.

Google his eBay ID and you'll find examples...

For my own personal collection, I'd probably only touch his patches with very specific wording or numbering (tags, certain absolutes, etc.)

EDIT: Looks like I even had a similar thread questioning a few of his patches back from 2011 - http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/73730-Thoughts-on-these-patches-Fakes

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Kk
use this ebay search :

2008 topps sterling ripken jumbo

choose completed listings and you'll see one other 1/1 plus one /5 that have very similar patches....

Same stitching and same jersey back ground, only thing different is the Orange part is edited less bright. Get a close up of both and you'll see what I mean. Same patch as the other 2

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Kk

Same stitching and same jersey back ground, only think different is the Orange part is edited less bright. Get a close up of both and you'll see what I mean. Same patch as the other 2

oh , no doubt...i think they're legit....i'm the one who wonders why lance thinks it's a fake....granted , the most recent one does have a better centered complete letter than the older one , but that's not enough to make me think someone changed the patch in it , especially since it Is a true 1/1 from a high-end product....

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
oh , no doubt...i think they're legit....i'm the one who wonders why lance thinks it's a fake....granted , the most recent one does have a better centered complete letter than the older one , but that's not enough to make me think someone changed the patch in it , especially since it Is a true 1/1 from a high-end product....

Gotcha

A_Pharis

Donut has sold fakes in the past, but I think he's a consigner. Much like Probstein, I think they have passed on questionable cards and have had questionable bidders.

I don't think they're directly responsible for either.

Just use your own discretion, but I have purchased stuff from both.

Members online

Latest posts