Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
yeah I wanted that one, I would have bid very high if it was on ebay. Still picked it up at a good price. Appreciate the gesture

i knew you needed more than me. Ive only bought a handful of modern cards in the last year. I havent bought a single card from NT.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Henrich or Elston Howard? Only older ones I can think of in that price range.

You were pretty much spot on :) Went with Henrich since I have a nice quad wool patch of his to match. Well done sleuth :)

Henrich was me.

Me too! I lucked out with a Best Offer on a BIN. Took three bids offers back and forth which took about 5 minutes on Friday, and I received the card yesterday in the mail. Quickest offer and receiving of an eBay listing I have ever been a part of. As you know, these are damn tough to scan since those buttons stick way out on the card. Gives it a good visual appeal though:

2014 National Treasures Tommy Henrich button 7/7:
february5.jpg
february6.jpg

Goes well with this one:
henrich1.jpg
henrich2.jpg

A_Pharis

Thanks Adam! I think yours ended at a nice price as well. I was really shocked how nicely the seller worked with me on it. Happy to know you and I have 2 of the 7 :) Now if only I could get my hands on the other Grimes button ;)

I actually don't have the Henrich from 2014. Mine is from 2012, and it has a different button style. It's #/2.
I looked at other ending prices for the #/7 from 2014, and it looks like you came out like $30 better. It's nice when a seller takes the guaranteed money!

As for the other Grimes, I think it's owned, already. Homerun or MLBalltimegreats owns it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It does seem like a good price. How much have they sold for in the past?

I'm not sure what previous ones went for I only recently got into knobs/barrels so I haven't been tracking for too long. My opinion is that something like this will go for whatever someone decides to pay for it on a particular day, that kind of thing it's very hard to estimate. I personally prefer knobs over barrels so seeing what the Clemente barrel went for and considering Gehrig should certainly carry a premium I would guess around $5K. I don't think collectors overall share my sentiment though about knobs, so I could certainly see it going lower than that.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The Gehrig lacks markings from what I can see, IMO it's tough to see the appeal w/o # , initials, or weight etc engraved

Ryan

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
And asking $2K more than the Gehrig. I offered $3K on the Gehrig and he came back in about a half an hour and didn't even counter. I don't blame him as it's worth more lol, but that would have been quite a knob to add
You didn't get the Gehrig did you?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You didn't get the Gehrig did you?

I did not, I didn't even get a chance to make a second offer - not that I think I would have went much higher maybe $3,200 but I'm sure it went for way more. To spend that much I'd want to feel like I got a sick deal but it seems like a fairer deal was reached.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
And asking $2K more than the Gehrig. I offered $3K on the Gehrig and he came back in about a half an hour and didn't even counter. I don't blame him as it's worth more lol, but that would have been quite a knob to add
What did the Gehrig end up going for? Man that is a lot of jack to drop on a baseball card but I guess this is a one of a kind piece and the knob is pretty cool.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
What did the Gehrig end up going for? Man that is a lot of jack to drop on a baseball card but I guess this is a one of a kind piece and the knob is pretty cool.

Just says the offer was accepted doesn't give the specific price. Exactly what I thought, I could easily get a bunch of HOF knobs and patches for that price so it would have had to be a steal for me but someone with deeper pockets prevailed.

Latest posts