Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 National Sports Collector's Convention Thread ... Who's in ? Are you going ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've made plans to be near Chicago the weekend of the National.

I'm not sure what my plans are yet, whether I'll just meet up with a few people for a game, or attend the Natty, but it will be one or the other, I won't do both. Will do one of those things, then have a day in the city with my family.

Hopefully [MENTION=3743]AmishDave[/MENTION] can come down and bunk with @PineTar

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I wish Indianapolis would get in on the National. Went a few years ago in Chicago, but only spent $5.00. The drive and admittance cost more.

I think Indianapolis would really surprise people if it were held there. Super Bowl city that has everything condensed into a nice clean downtown area.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Indianapolis would really surprise people if it were held there. Super Bowl city that has everything condensed into a nice clean downtown area.

I might be going to Comic-Con in Indianapolis in March I think. Carrie Fisher is going to be there.

I hope it isn't lame. Last years looked lame.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I've always wanted to go to one, but im worried they won't have anything I'd want. I collect rare stuff from the 90s. I recently I went to my first card show in 20 years and they literally had nothing of interest. All brand new patches and/or pokemon/yugioh type garbage.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong about the Nats? Please tell me I'm wrong... I'd love to go.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Figured I would bump this up, with a little over a month to go.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I am going never been to a Nationals and last year a Mirror Gold Jeter sold there. I will have some rare cards there to trade or sell.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
Sadly no National for me this year. Too much going on and my son off to college mid August... For those that are going, enjoy. I hope you all find what you are looking for at half the price you thought it would be.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
I've always wanted to go to one, but im worried they won't have anything I'd want. I collect rare stuff from the 90s. I recently I went to my first card show in 20 years and they literally had nothing of interest. All brand new patches and/or pokemon/yugioh type garbage.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong about the Nats? Please tell me I'm wrong... I'd love to go.

Can someone with experience answer the above question? How stacked is rare 90s cards there?

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
For the last 3 - 4 years it is brand new stuff with lots of 'new' rare cards. That said, when you look beneath the surface and talk to the dealers, you can find a lot of items that they did not display. You can get real oddballs to really limited 90s cards. I usually attend the entire show so it is easy for me to communicate with the dealers that may have my items. Ex if you want 90s cards, totally skip every dealer that only has vintage displayed, skip the auction houses, skip all of the manufacturers, skip the non sport tables...you can narrow it down quickly. I have also taken business cards and made arrangements to buy cards that they did not bring.

Nothing is wrong with the National - I have been to a ton of them. I think of it more as an experience...cards and friends and museum type items and seeing people pull big hits and so on.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
For the last 3 - 4 years it is brand new stuff with lots of 'new' rare cards. That said, when you look beneath the surface and talk to the dealers, you can find a lot of items that they did not display. You can get real oddballs to really limited 90s cards. I usually attend the entire show so it is easy for me to communicate with the dealers that may have my items. Ex if you want 90s cards, totally skip every dealer that only has vintage displayed, skip the auction houses, skip all of the manufacturers, skip the non sport tables...you can narrow it down quickly. I have also taken business cards and made arrangements to buy cards that they did not bring.

Nothing is wrong with the National - I have been to a ton of them. I think of it more as an experience...cards and friends and museum type items and seeing people pull big hits and so on.

Spot on post!

Is there going to be a FCB get together? I am only going to be there Friday and Saturday.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Also, doing Airbnb, really cost effective vs the hotel deal, plus you can get them close to the convention center

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looks like I won't ever go, based on the next 5 year schedule. I could see me going in Seattle or San Diego, maybe LA, but that is about it.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Where are they going the next 5 years? I don't know where to look to get this information Baltimore would be great for me.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Where are they going the next 5 years? I don't know where to look to get this information Baltimore would be great for me.

All I see is next year and it's in Ac

1434847474781.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts