User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COMC Question

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you want to pull you cards back and have them returned, what is the cost? I see the storage cost at $.01 per card, per month, but didn't see the return rates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lower numbered star cards do just fine - obviously if you price an Aaron Harang Chrome Orange at $20, it will sit forever. Sometimes multiple copies of a card means it is popular - checking the sales history (need history points for that) is a useful thing. If there are 20 on the site, but 50 have sold...obviously someone is buying the card.

Just price stuff to sell, not to sit around. I sell through 400-600 cards per month on average - with my port averaging between 1,500-2,500 cards at any given time. Some people have 10 times the inventory that I do and sell the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    Most of what I plan on sending in the first go around will be $5 and less cards. Are your $10+ cards all JSY/AUs? Also should I not send cards in that have 5 or more already listed since my items will be less likely to sell?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can call them and ask about that - I occasionally pull a couple of cards to return and sell on eBay or in a forum and the cost is the same .25 as the cards I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by stangy24 View Post
    And if you want to pull you cards back and have them returned, what is the cost? I see the storage cost at $.01 per card, per month, but didn't see the return rates.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
    Lower numbered star cards do just fine - obviously if you price an Aaron Harang Chrome Orange at $20, it will sit forever. Sometimes multiple copies of a card means it is popular - checking the sales history (need history points for that) is a useful thing. If there are 20 on the site, but 50 have sold...obviously someone is buying the card.

Just price stuff to sell, not to sit around. I sell through 400-600 cards per month on average - with my port averaging between 1,500-2,500 cards at any given time. Some people have 10 times the inventory that I do and sell the same amount.
    I've been going through cards I'd like to send in and almost all of them have 5 or less on COMC as on now. I agree that you are sending them cards to sell, otherwise you are just wasting money but sending them in and having them sit there.

In terms of the history points, I don't have any so I can't check prices. I tried to do some of the challenges to earn points but when I clicked to start several of them they didn't work. Not sure what the deal is with that.
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs

rockledgesportscards
     Casebusters99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of the history points, I don't have any so I can't check prices. I tried to do some of the challenges to earn points but when I clicked to start several of them they didn't work. Not sure what the deal is with that.
    I think the sales history should be free, I am spending money on listing, selling and cashing out that it should be a feature for sellers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out our Baseball singles at https://www.casebusters.com

<--------Check out our Group Breaks & Vintage Set breaks on ebay

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casebusters View Post
    I think the sales history should be free, I am spending money on listing, selling and cashing out that it should be a feature for sellers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Well maybe it should be, but it isn't. I think you have to either pay for it or do those challenges to earn them. The challenges aren't working for me though.
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.

rockledgesportscards
     Casebusters99
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the challenge before and it hasn't worked since Beckett's been gone...
    and they want to charge $99 for a year (beta) of pricing which isn't fully functional...
    Check out our Baseball singles at https://www.casebusters.com

<--------Check out our Group Breaks & Vintage Set breaks on ebay

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casebusters View Post
    I tried the challenge before and it hasn't worked since Beckett's been gone...
    and they want to charge $99 for a year (beta) of pricing which isn't fully functional...
    I emailed them today asking about the challenges, I'll let you know what they say.

How do I flip cards after I buy them? I just bought a card and wanted to relist it but not sure how. Does it matter which mode I'm in?

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed them today asking about the challenges, I'll let you know what they say.

How do I flip cards after I buy them? I just bought a card and wanted to relist it but not sure how. Does it matter which mode I'm in?
    Just price it and save, then it will be available for others.
    Thanks to MOFNY for finally getting me motivated to start a website:

www.supercollectorcatalog.com

Here is a link to the cameo section:

https://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/cameo-index.html

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    Just price it and save, then it will be available for others.
    There is a box where you can put a price, then a + sign and another value. Do I just put in a number for the first box and then click the save icon?

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a box where you can put a price, then a + sign and another value. Do I just put in a number for the first box and then click the save icon?
    Yes, or press the Enter button on your keyboard. They add $.25 on top of your price so a $1.00 card will appear to a collector as $1.25. If your a flipper, you can shop in flip mode and you will see the $1.00 price.
    Thanks to MOFNY for finally getting me motivated to start a website:

www.supercollectorcatalog.com

Here is a link to the cameo section:

https://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/cameo-index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been thinking about sending some old Topps and Bowman to Check Out My Cards, my question is: Do I have to grade them or price them, or can they figure all of that out for you? Would I do better making a consignment with an ebay merchant? There is about 250-300 cards in the 1950's all are excellent or better in condition but not graded. If I could just send them and then get paid within a reasonable time frame it would be worth it to me. I'd like to get some of my money back on these and not get killed by selling charges. What's the best path for this kind of transaction?

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob M View Post
    I have been thinking about sending some old Topps and Bowman to Check Out My Cards, my question is: Do I have to grade them or price them, or can they figure all of that out for you? Would I do better making a consignment with an ebay merchant? There is about 250-300 cards in the 1950's all are excellent or better in condition but not graded. If I could just send them and then get paid within a reasonable time frame it would be worth it to me. I'd like to get some of my money back on these and not get killed by selling charges. What's the best path for this kind of transaction?
    COMC lists the cards for you, and takes pictures. All you do is set the price as the seller which is nice.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    Yes, or press the Enter button on your keyboard. They add $.25 on top of your price so a $1.00 card will appear to a collector as $1.25. If your a flipper, you can shop in flip mode and you will see the $1.00 price.
    Got it thanks. I have my first card listed for sale haha. What is the main difference between the two modes? Do you typically use one over the other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rabs, I was hoping maybe they could price them for me at fair market value. I am hoping to avoid looking up hundreds of cards and having to eyeball-grade each one of them. Maybe I will take all of the big name cards and do that with just those, then sell off the more common players in a batch or two on ebay or cragslist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast