Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New here, but not to the hobby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi,

I'm Arto from Espoo, Finland. I heard about this forum from a friend and as I'm part of all the other boards I'm aware of, I decided to join here too. Some of you might recognize me from HobbyInsider or Clouts'n'Chara or Korttifriikit or Facebook Hockey Cards group.

I collect two sports, hockey and soccer. For hockey my #1 collection (and the reason I'm actually here) is Cody McLeod, I can with full certainty say that I have the biggest McLeod-collection anywhere. For example, I own 100% of the grand total print run of his AU/GU cards. My secondary collection is Colorado Avalanche, but before you go insane, I can tell that I mostly go after cards that are BVd to 10 or less, 20 or less are possible, but going over that, it has to be either a trade or then a fire sale. So yes, John, put away that MacKinnon 4-color The Cup ARP, I'm not the buyer for that. No, not even if the price is only 15 million dollars.

I've been collecting cards since early 2009 and I've never quit a personal collection. So no, I'm not one of those guys who collects only who is hot and once the season ends, there goes the collection. The closest to giving up a collection is original main stream Quebec Nordiques cards (printed 1972-95), but even from there I haven't given up cards, adding has just been quite slow - mostly because I miss very few of them.

For soccer, I collect Panini Stickers of recent top competitions i.e. World Cup 2010, Euro 2012 and World Cup 2014. I have several full sets of each already, but I'm trying to fill a couple of more. I'd be more than willing to go after those stickers if you have any available.

But like said, I'm here first and foremost to hunt for Cody McLeod cards and I'm ready to pay _very_ well for the ones I miss.

Please ask any questions you might have about me and remember to enjoy collecting cards!

Also, if someone is interested to see some of my collection, here's the Avalanche-cards (I'd say over 90% of what I own). And here's most of the McLeod-collection.

Members online