Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Deflated footballs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I remember Payton being held responsible because when Payton found out, instead of shutting it down, he tried to cover the program up and secondly when ownership found out, they directed Payton to shut it down and he didn't. It wasn't just because he was the HC.

And he also lied to Goodell about it, at first, and only changed when confronted with the evidence.

Plus, don't forget his name came up with the missing prescriptions investigation too...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I tend to agree with what Aikman, Brunell, and Bettis said about this. And the ESPN scientific segment was really telling. The QB and RB knew exactly which ball was the 1 that was deflated in the segment. QB said he could grip it better, throw it better, and longer. Bettis said he could hold onto the ball better, and it would be harder to strip. It's just hard for me to beleive that Brady didn't notice the deflated balls, that he prefers.

Exactly!

NE's main RBs had NO fumbles lost this season.

And even though Aikman didn't say it here, he had smaller hands and preferred a grip near the tip of the Ball. Rodgers, Warner and others have said the same thing, which would be improved by the de-flation. IDK if Brady does that or not.

Part of this I haven't seen yet is that Belichek's history and mannerisms make it more likely he knows EVERYTHING that goes on there...

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I would always cheer for NE & Brady in the playoffs.... untill now. I really hope that Lynch just kills that defense and Sherman has 3 interseptions!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The investigation "continues". I guess it'll be reported soon after the Big Game and any punishments will be enforced next Season...

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/30/new-england-patriots-illegal-play-ineligible-receiver

Now Sports Illustrated has an article in which the NFL says New England used an illegal formation on that gadget play when a lineman caught a TD pass.

(As a Colts fan, even if you take this play off the board and roll back all "deflated" points the Pats scored in the first half, we still got smoked.)

The Patriots have a long history of cheating which started with this guy. :)

09000d5d80498bba_video_cp.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts