Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP MR CUB ERNIE BANKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I actually pulled this card from a pack of 2004 Heritage back in the day. Probably my favorite PC card that I had the pleasure of busting wax to get.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i haven't heard what the memorial patch is going to be, but I hope it's a 1960's-style Cubbie logo head with a "14" in it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
RIP, one of the true greats of the game both on the field, but more importantly one of the true greats off the field as well.
I don't think you'll hear many people out there with anything negative at all to say about him.

Jun 30, 2010
No way his estate was only worth that. His caretaker's name is Regina Rice and the attorney for Rice said that the 16,000 was only a preliminary amount.

Records show that Rice had organized numerous publicity events featuring Banks in recent years, including a gala at the East Bank Club last year that charged a $300 entry fee. Her company also runs the website Erniebanks.net, which advertises autographed baseball bats, gloves and other merchandise for up to $400, shipping included.
It’s unclear how much of his own memorabilia Banks still had in his possession at the time of his death, but it could be worth millions. Last year, an autographed 1969 Banks jersey owned by a private collector sold for more than $150,000 in an online auction, records show.

Members online

No members online now.