Thread: The latest Peter Angelos train wreck

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest Peter Angelos train wreck

Dan Duquette is keen on the CEO/President position with the Jays. Apparently Angelos is seeking a high price tag as compensation. It sounds like Hoffman is not enough for him. As a Jays fan lololololololololol!
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...122-story.html

Seeing the return for other managerial transactions, a AAAA player or C/D prospect is a bit more realistic.
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATE Angelos!

But Hoffman is far from enough. Regardless that he is a 1st rounder and the 9th pick, He's had season ending TJ surgery last year. They 1-3rd round "can't misses" are/have been endless. The O's would need to make sure we are getting a SURE THING.
    Duquette has been brilliant in the O's recent successes.
    Jays will need to bring it.
    Last edited by Russ S.; 01-24-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    "You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ S. View Post
    I HATE Angelos!

But Hoffman is far from enough. Regardless that he is a 1st rounder and the 9th pick, He's had season ending TJ surgery last year. They 1-3rd round "can't misses" are/have been endless. The O's would need to make sure we are getting a SURE THING.
    Duquette has been brilliant in the O's recent successes.
    Jays will need to bring it.
    I strongly disagree. Angelos is off his rocker if he thinks Hoffman +2 other top prospects is fair compensation. Ignoring the fact that Angelos like to nix signings based on his medical "expertise". I'm sure he would love a TJ recipient.

@mlbtraderumors: Blue Jays End Negotiations For Dan Duquette https://t.co/fHRt0uYc5R

The Jays have Beeston signed thru 2015. Duquette will be a lame duck until Angelos decides to kick him to the curb for nothing.
    Blue Jays Collection

Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an Angelos fan by any means but you aim high and settle. Jays botched this horribly.

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTLAKE View Post
    I'm not an Angelos fan by any means but you aim high and settle. Jays botched this horribly.
    Indeed they did.
    But hey, they have Beeston thru 2015... lololololololololol!
    "You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTLAKE View Post
    How so? Duquette expressed interest in the Jays job. Angelos asked for two 1st rd picks plus another prospect as compensation. Pretty ridiculous IMO.

What was compensation for Theo Epstein? Epstein + Jair Bogaerts for Chris Carpenter and Aaron Kurcz. What a haul for a top exec. What happened when the Cubs signed Jed Hoyer away from the Padres? Nothing. No compensation.
    What happened when John Farrell went back to the Redsox? Net result- Mike Aviles to Jays.
    Sure Beeston gets beat up over the rumors. I'm sure he will get over it. Aiming high is always expected in negotiations- in this instance Angelos went so overboard its not funny.
    Blue Jays Collection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding also is Jays asked Reinsdorf (White Sox) for permission to talk to Kenny Williams. Reinsdorf and Beeston are close friends. So this is their second fail at this.