Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The latest Peter Angelos train wreck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I HATE Angelos!

But Hoffman is far from enough. Regardless that he is a 1st rounder and the 9th pick, He's had season ending TJ surgery last year. They 1-3rd round "can't misses" are/have been endless. The O's would need to make sure we are getting a SURE THING.
Duquette has been brilliant in the O's recent successes.
Jays will need to bring it.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I HATE Angelos!

But Hoffman is far from enough. Regardless that he is a 1st rounder and the 9th pick, He's had season ending TJ surgery last year. They 1-3rd round "can't misses" are/have been endless. The O's would need to make sure we are getting a SURE THING.
Duquette has been brilliant in the O's recent successes.
Jays will need to bring it.

I strongly disagree. Angelos is off his rocker if he thinks Hoffman +2 other top prospects is fair compensation. Ignoring the fact that Angelos like to nix signings based on his medical "expertise". I'm sure he would love a TJ recipient.

@mlbtraderumors: Blue Jays End Negotiations For Dan Duquette http://t.co/fHRt0uYc5R

The Jays have Beeston signed thru 2015. Duquette will be a lame duck until Angelos decides to kick him to the curb for nothing.

WESTLAKE

Jan 11, 2015
I'm not an Angelos fan by any means but you aim high and settle. Jays botched this horribly.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I'm not an Angelos fan by any means but you aim high and settle. Jays botched this horribly.

How so? Duquette expressed interest in the Jays job. Angelos asked for two 1st rd picks plus another prospect as compensation. Pretty ridiculous IMO.

What was compensation for Theo Epstein? Epstein + Jair Bogaerts for Chris Carpenter and Aaron Kurcz. What a haul for a top exec. What happened when the Cubs signed Jed Hoyer away from the Padres? Nothing. No compensation.
What happened when John Farrell went back to the Redsox? Net result- Mike Aviles to Jays.
Sure Beeston gets beat up over the rumors. I'm sure he will get over it. Aiming high is always expected in negotiations- in this instance Angelos went so overboard its not funny.

WESTLAKE

Jan 11, 2015
My understanding also is Jays asked Reinsdorf (White Sox) for permission to talk to Kenny Williams. Reinsdorf and Beeston are close friends. So this is their second fail at this.

Members online