Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever bid wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
For the first time ever I screwed up. I was bidding on a box break and wanted to put in soething like 17.83. But what came up was 1,783.00. I was like OH NO! Took me a long time to figure it out but i was able to retract my bid.
Anyone ever screw up this bad?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I did and didn't realize it until I had won. Thankfully it was not a real bad scenario, but it could have been. I probably would have explained the situation and asked the seller to try the underbidder if it was worse.

I wanted to bid around $8 for a Sammy Stewart autograph card. I threw out a random snipe bid of something like $7.91, or so I thought! I came home the next day from work and had won the Stewart for around $14! WTH? was my first thought! I didn't even bid that high. Turns out my snipe was set at something like $79.10!! I would not have been happy had someone tossed out a crazy high snipe as well. I chalked it up to a stupid move and paid for the card.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Yes but sadly it's when I'm drunk. Some people drunk text or dial. I drunk ebay. Waking up the next morning with notifications of winning bids. Oi. Damn the eBay app!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I never did that before but I am guilty of bidding with a buzz. A good night out with a few beers used to always end up with winng bids when I woke up the next day.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
It is easy to retract once you figure it out but they say you need to do it fast or you cant take it back. and yes i still lost the bid

Members online