User Tag List

Thread: Newly discovered 2014 Heritage Variation?

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newly discovered 2014 Heritage Variation?

I purchased these 2014 Topps Heritage Albert Pujols recently and was wondering if any of you have seen other players with different colored team name pennants. The yellow one on the left is typical but I have not seen another one like the white one on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1423025963436.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	45922

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the tiny code on the back bottom is different it's not intended to be a variation. To be honest given the coloring of his skin it looks like the printer ran out of its yellow ink at production time. Might be able to sell it to a player or set collector - Heritage people can go crazy for variations
    I know I'm "new" here but I am very well established with 1500+ positives on eBay (ID normandavid) and 110+ positives on SportsCardForum (ID markotsay7). If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

CHRIS COGHLAN SUPERCOLLECTOR - if you have any rare stuff PLMK!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background is off also - especially in the shadow area. Agree that it looks more like a printing issue than an intended variation.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either the ink bucket was running low or the printer was adding amine/water to the ink to bring the ph up/down and the amine/water was pumped across the printing plate which caused the faded coloring. If the Pujols is like that, chances are the whole sheet is like that.

Fordman

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like pojuls has been hanging out with Sammy Sosa
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
    Looks like pojuls has been hanging out with Sammy Sosa
    Lol
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markotsay7 View Post
    Might be able to sell it to a player or set collector
    I am a Pujols collector and I don't plan on selling it. If this were your card, how much would you sell it for?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw out some big number on eBay, see where that goes and interest.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i saw this last night and also thought it was merely a printing flaw due to no/low yellow ink - unfortunately i was unable to reply at the time thanks to one of my furry friends taking it upon herself to pour a full soda into my keyboard , shorting it out....spent 3 hours taking it apart and carefully drying everything before giving up at 6 AM....by noon today , just after i'd called and arranged to go buy a replacement , it started working again (well , at least 90% of the keys - still nothing from the media console keys across the top).....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    i saw this last night and also thought it was merely a printing flaw due to no/low yellow ink - unfortunately i was unable to reply at the time thanks to one of my furry friends taking it upon herself to pour a full soda into my keyboard , shorting it out....spent 3 hours taking it apart and carefully drying everything before giving up at 6 AM....by noon today , just after i'd called and arranged to go buy a replacement , it started working again (well , at least 90% of the keys - still nothing from the media console keys across the top).....
    Yeah, furry friends can be great for things like that. They drive me nuts sometimes but i love them. My cat Likes to step on my keyboard and place bids on cards i don't want!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Barry Larkin Collector!!
    Always Looking to Buy any Barry Larkins I don't have

Currently Have: 2,698/3,558 Beckett Listings (75.8%)
    Without 1/1's: 2,679/3,196 Beckett Listing (83.8%)

My Larkin Photobuckets:
    Autographed Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Autographed Tab)
    Serial #'d Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Serial#'d Tab)
    Game Used: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (GameUsed Tab)

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katieneack View Post
    Yeah, furry friends can be great for things like that. They drive me nuts sometimes but i love them. My cat Likes to step on my keyboard and place bids on cards i don't want!

Yeah right! And so does your 5 year son, who just learned how to play mind-craft.
    -Richard-

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katieneack View Post

yup...i belong to 20 here at home......er , i mean i have 20 here at home.....also got my dad to adopt 2 more strays in his work shop , 2 in the house with mom , 2 that moved into their garage , and 1 more that was simply born to be wild....i consider all of them as my 27 kids.....i may fuss and cuss at em when they're destroying stuff (half of them think cardboard is food - not good for cards) or slicing up my legs (imagine the damage 20 playful cats and kittens can do to someone who sleeps on a pallet in the middle of the floor because a mattress is too rough on my back) but i love them all dearly and would not trade them for ANYTHING.....my biggest regrets are that i don't have the funds available to rescue MORE and that i haven't had access to any kind of video cameras to capture their kittenhoods......
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    yup...i belong to 20 here at home......er , i mean i have 20 here at home.....also got my dad to adopt 2 more strays in his work shop , 2 in the house with mom , 2 that moved into their garage , and 1 more that was simply born to be wild....i consider all of them as my 27 kids.....i may fuss and cuss at em when they're destroying stuff (half of them think cardboard is food - not good for cards) or slicing up my legs (imagine the damage 20 playful cats and kittens can do to someone who sleeps on a pallet in the middle of the floor because a mattress is too rough on my back) but i love them all dearly and would not trade them for ANYTHING.....my biggest regrets are that i don't have the funds available to rescue MORE and that i haven't had access to any kind of video cameras to capture their kittenhoods......
    Wow!! I have 4, which are all rescues too, and I can't imagine having any more than that. 27......I'm not sure I could handle that. I think the thing that is most annoying to me is all the cat hair that just gets on everything. I think I have spent more money on lint rollers in the past 5 years to feed a whole family for a year. But they are so loving that I can't ever stay mad at them for long. That's awesome that you are able to take in that many though - I applaud you
    Barry Larkin Collector!!
    Always Looking to Buy any Barry Larkins I don't have

Currently Have: 2,698/3,558 Beckett Listings (75.8%)
    Without 1/1's: 2,679/3,196 Beckett Listing (83.8%)

My Larkin Photobuckets:
    Autographed Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Autographed Tab)
    Serial #'d Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Serial#'d Tab)
    Game Used: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (GameUsed Tab)

jrsigs06
     JustinRusnak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had 27 cats--and I have three inside now-- I would literally blow my brains out.

Collecting Every Cleveland Indians Topps base set from 1952-present, see all the cards at "Wahoo Cardboard"
    My Autograph Collection at "Cleveland Sweet Spotting"
    Always looking for vintage Cleveland Browns autographs, 1949-1958