Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATE WITH SCANS! Topps Support Help Needed - please keep this thread positive!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I am wondering and hoping that there is a member here who is willing to help me contact somebody at Topps for an ongoing redemption mishap I have been trying to handle.

PLEASE keep the negative bashing out of this thread as well as the "Topps does not care and will never care" type of comments as I am simply looking for some help for getting someone personally involved on the Topps side. To be honest, I have been nothing but happy and lucky with the redemptions I have pulled and received, this is the first time I have been unhappy with a situation, and I would like to have the chance to respectfully engage someone at Topps to help me out (if possible).

Thanks for any and all help, I know we have some outstanding supporters, collectors and friends on this board! If you need details, just PM me as I respectfully have no intentions to publicly call out the current ordeal.

Thanks!

Alex

UPDATE IS IN POST #8

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Alex I've called Topps twice in the past year about my redemption cards and had no problem getting thru just had to wait on hold for a bit maybe 5-10 mins. I believe i looked up the number thru google search hope this helps

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Ask @AmazinHOFcollector he just had a great story dealing with topps

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Alex I've called Topps twice in the past year about my redemption cards and had no problem getting thru just had to wait on hold for a bit maybe 5-10 mins. I believe i looked up the number thru google search hope this helps

Thanks! I already called and they referred me and my situation to [email protected] which is where the current hold up is :( How did your situations end?

Ask @AmazinHOFcollector he just had a great story dealing with topps

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Thanks Andrew! [MENTION=2205]AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR[/MENTION] - That is a pretty amazing Piazza return you got! If you have any info you could provide on how you got in touch with someone I would definitely appreciate it!

A rep named Remy was extremely helpful fixing a cluster**** involving a BO member

Thanks man! Do you have a link to the thread by chance or know how he got a hold of Remy?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
This might be the thread he was referring to that Remy was helpful. The guy had won the code breaker autograph set from Ginter so Im sure Topps was willing to go the extra mile to fulfill that one, as they should.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...ring-my-2013-ginter-codebreaker-auto-set.html

That's it. And he was getting the ole Topps runaround until someone pointed him to Remy. You can message him on BO if you need info. His name is Grant and he's good people.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm happy to update this thread with a card that arrived during my vacation. Before I show that off, I will give a bit of a run down of what led to the request/issue. Back in 2012 I opened a box of Museum Collection and pulled a Hunter Pence Momentous Materials Jumbo Relic Autograph. Anyone that knows this set knows that most of these are jumbo patches (a few exceptions of players with bats and pant stitching pieces). As an example I own a Felix Hernandez one:

Untitled3.jpg

I had pulled this redemption card:
IMG_0215.jpg

Fast forward to the middle of 2013, I get a package in the Mail from Topps with the following card - a "Frankenstein" David Wright sticker autograph /50 with the letters of explanation:
C2B028DC-D6DF-4DB8-9D77-6EE39564F02F.jpg

After some help from a good friend [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] I had shipped a very nice sounding letter to Topps explaining the reason why I was unhappy with what they sent to me as well as why I thought it was unfair they decided to ship me the Frankenstien card without letting me know the Hunter Pence was not going to be made let alone not giving me a choice of any next steps. I sent the card, the letter, all of the original shipping material they sent the Wright card with, the redemption card and a two page letter explaining the situation. I used registered mail so that it was tracked all the way to Topps as well as got the proof of signature and a copy of it from USPS once it was received. I then followed up with an email to Topps Support.

After no reply of two months I finally created this thread to see the best way to get in touch of a good person at Topps to help me out. There were some great and helpful comments here, and after a few PMs with other members I decided to do the normal call center approach. I called and spoke with a guy named Michael and he was nice and patient to hear my full story. He created a ticket in their system and let me know this was something he wanted to bring up to a supervisor and to wait for a callback within 2 business days. After waiting 5 business days I called back and got a guy named Erik. He was able to find my ticket (always ask for a ticket number anytime you call a call center ;) ) as well as the email I sent after I shipped everything in. He was very helpful and genuine during the call and said he would ensure to physically talk with a supervisor/manager and would call me back later the same day to discuss next steps. About 2 hours later he called me back and gave me an offer. The offers were both from the same set of Ian Kinsler or Cole Hamels. I felt those were comparable players trade/sell wise, and I really just wanted to get this resolved so I was more than happy to choose Hamels since the Pence also would have been in a Phillies uniform for that year/set when looking at his base cards from the set. They shipped out the card right away and I am more than happy with the service received and turn around time after the phone calls:

hamels1.jpg
hamels2.jpg

Sorry for the long winded read, and if you made it this far thanks for taking the time :) I really wanted to let the board know that if you speak with patience and don't give ultimatums, regardless of the knowlege or lack of knowledge a person answering the phone might have, you will be surprised that they really do want to help out. I know we always here the bad service and bad stories but if you have any good ones I challenge you to post them up.

Alex