Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF Snubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
A Listia listing has me asking this question...

If you had to put together a card lot of Hall of Fame snub guys, who would be in your lot...bet it wouldn't be the same as this Listia user (will reveal the lot after some responses come rolling in)

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Does it have to be players that are no longer eligible to be voted into the HOF?

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
My player, Tommy John. 288 wins. 27 years, with 1975 spent on the IR. First to have a revolutionary surgery, that is now daily commonplace that has allowed thousands to continue careers.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
A case could be made for Tony Oliva and Tony Mullane.

Alan Trammel and Lou Whitaker should be voted in as a tag team.

Last edited:

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Other than those mentioned I would add Shoeless Joe Jackson and the lesser known Ted Simmons (who unfortunately for him, plated at the same time as Johnny Bench).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
AT , LW and SJJ as mentioned ,
I'll stay away from some of the more current guys but would add Raines and Edgar to the list and would throw Rose in too

Ryan

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Other than those mentioned I would add Shoeless Joe Jackson and the lesser known Ted Simmons (who unfortunately for him, plated at the same time as Johnny Bench).

Surprised it took this long for someone to mention J. Jackson and no mention of P. Rose yet. Ted Simmons is an absolute must on the list.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Bobby Mathews, Jim McCormick, Lou Whitaker, Bill Dahlen, Harold Baines, off the top of my head.

Great additions for the list. I would like to also add:

Gil Hodges
Minnie Minoso
Dick Allen
Dwight Evans
Jim Kaat
Dave Parker
Bobby Grich
Bernie Williams
Kenny Lofton

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Thurman Munson
Ron Guidry
Graig Nettles
Reggie Smith
Bobby Bonds
David Cone
Bret Saberhagen

AllenGinterSigned

Feb 3, 2015
New Boston, MI
Only snubs in my book are "steroid guys" such as Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Rafeal Palmerio, I believe there are at least 100 guys in that do not belong!

Members online