Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winner Announced Contest Where are the hard core BALTIMORE ORIOLE FANS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Tell me why your the hardest core Baltimore fan and you will receive something extremely cool.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=3038]excel_B[/MENTION] he is a huge Os fan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Tell me why your the hardest core Baltimore fan and you will receive something extremely cool.

Loved the O's as long as I can remember... Why is a hard question. Parents were fans, I followed the team and Brooksie was my hero growing up.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Need some more answers like this. Truest me you guys will love this giveaway

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Been an Orioles fan since birth and my family have been O's fans since the team arrived from St. Louis. My Grandmother would tell me stories of meeting Brooks Robinson and Elrod Hendricks. Keep in mind my Grandmother didn't really care for baseball, she just thought they were really nice guys. I knew I found the right woman to mary when I saw she had Orioles Lunchbox. You could say I bleed orange.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I suppose I'll enter as well. I was born in Baltimore and still live in Maryland. I was definitely born into Orioles fandom. I remember skipping school to go to the wild card game in 1996 and went to playoff games in '96 and '97 and when the many years of losing was finally over you better believe me and my dad were there for the playoffs. I am now passing that love onto my son. He got a 'board book when he was a baby titled "my first orioles book" while flipping through it with him I decided that it would make great memories to get it signed by the Orioles hofers pictured. I have always gone to 10-20 games a year but this will be our first with a season ticket holder plan. Once or twice a year I'll wear my game used 1964 Orioles away jersey to the games(Wes Stock).

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
How's this:

This is my brother's website. He's trying to collect an autograph of every Orioles player. He's been to Ripken's 2130 and 2131 games, Ripken's final game at Camden Yards, final game at Yankee Stadium, most opening days, and he's a partial season ticket holder.

http://eutawstreetcardboard.blogspot.com/

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Good replied fellas I'm also trying to draw some lurkers out of their shells lol
ilo take a few more an announce a sick prize

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
No need to put me in the contest. I have been a huge oriole fan since I was old enough to remember. I grew up watching Cuellar, McNally, Dobson, and Palmer and Boog Powell, Don Baylor, Brooks, Buford, Blair, Bumbry, and who can forget Merv Rettenmound.
How many of you guys remember a guy by the name of Rich Coggins? Loved Davey Johnson and Bobby Grich. And then later how about the guy who never struck out- Rich Dauer. I was beside myself when they signed Reggie Jackson! Loved Frank Robinson in an orioles uni. I still hate the Pirates to this day because I was so sure that world series was ours, couldn't sleep becuz of it. I got the sporting news and read every box score of the mighty O's. I live in Twins country and loved listening to Herb Carneal broadcast the Twins-O's games. All which led to a fixation of collecting cards of a guy by the name of Cal! Been to Camden yards and love the stadium. Lets go O's!

Edit in Earl Weaver Loved that guy. And loved the way "full pack" Stoddard used to drive him nuts!

Last edited:

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
I suppose I'll enter as well. I was born in Baltimore and still live in Maryland.

Is your name Ryan and did you live in Calvert County at any point? You look awfully familiar.

I'll play too. Born an O's fan, lived in MD my whole life, born 1984. Cal Ripken was always my idol in every aspect of life, my favorite athlete of all-time. Unfortunately I do not have any memories of attending games at Memorial stadium, but I remember going to Camden Yards in the inaugural year.

One of my greatest memories of all-time was 2,131... I was there. I was in 6th grade and it was a normal day of school. I get home, off the school bus, and my dad is there with a glove saying we got 2 tickets to the game and we need to leave ASAP (about a 90 minute drive from the stadium). Apparently, a guy he work with had two tickets, but his son lived in Pittburgh (was grown) and couldn't make it back in time (it was a weeknight game after all). He gave my dad the tickets, contingent on us giving the ticket stubs back.

We got there late, traffic was horrible, seats were in the nosebleed section, but it was great! I know I have a picture somewhere, but I do remember Cal hitting the homerun and taking the ride in a red car (corvette?) around the stadium. As well as the 2,131 banner changing on the warehouse after the 5th inning had completed!

Then I did fall off as a fan throughout most of the 2000s, we were pretty bad. I'd always check our scores but I didn't watch many games. Then over the past few years I've become much more interested, Machado is probably my favorite current player.

I even spent $800 on two tickets / parking pass to take my dad to game 2 of the ALDS this year, about 4 rows off the field. That wound up being the last Orioles home game of the season, and was the 4th I've attended this year. Like I said, still about 90 minutes away so I only try to go to a few games each year.

Go O's!

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Have been an Orioles fan since moving to Baltimore in 1972. Just renewed our partial season ticket plan today. Had partial plans since back in the Memorial Stadium Days.

Highlights seen live at the Ballparks (just going off the top of my head, may get fact checked ala Brian Williams on some of these)

A make-up game against Chicago that was the lowest attendance in Memorial Stadium at the time around 1972, crowd maybe in the hundreds
Double header against the Red Sox around Labor Day 1974 that turned the pennant race around, O's won both games 1-0
Reggie Jackson debut in 1976
World Series Game 2 in 1979
5 game series in 1980 against Yankees that drew over a quarter million fans for a 5 game set. 1980 team won over a hundred games but finished second.
1982 Friday night DH sweep against Brewers to stay in pennant race last weekend of the season, Earl Weaver final game as manager the following Sunday, Palmer v. Sutton, Yount 2 HRs as O's lose, half hour standing ovation for Earl and team post-game
1983 WS Champs, gambled on game 6 & 7 tickets instead of games 1 & 2, did not get to a game that Series
1988 game where O's returned home after breaking the season starting 21 game losing streak, announcement of deal of construction of Camden Yards made that night
Final game of 1990 season, Red Sox win on Brunansky sliding catch in Fenway seconds before O's defeat Blue Jays to knock Toronto out of playoffs
And of course, the final weekend at Memorial Stadium with the farewell with all of the old players going out to their positions and Brooks and Johnny U making the final throws in the park.
That's enough for now, although I did see the Bowie Baysox play in Memorial Stadium before their stadium was completed
If anyone cares I can get to Camden Yards later

Jim

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] is a great guy, if i was a Baltimore fan I'd be all over this, can't wait to see what one of you lucky guys are getting

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
It seems like all the people who enter would have already. Thanks for all the interesting answers. The answer which was easiest for me to give this away to is mark70Z

Here is the cool prize

IMG_zps4752fa8a.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Holy **** Joe, that is a cool kid card to have. Hell I would even like to have had that in my PC and I'm not even a Baltimore fan...... But Brooks is the **** for sure.

Great Job man. This place is made up of cool kids for sure :lol:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
So am I the coolest kid? I'll take that title lol
congrats and thanks for all the participants

Members online