Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sadly I am done purchasing any new topps products until there is new ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I agree with very poor Topps service. I stop buying their products as of Jan 1 this year They cant or refuse to even answer a simple question about whether a pattern # 49 diffractor was even made in their 1998 TOPP TEk set. Nobody seems to have any of that one particular Diffractor pattern . Yet their typical response has been "Mr. XXXX you wont get a different answer by posting the same question on our Facebook site. Call customer service. Here's the number" Yet when you do will not be able to talk to anyone one who knows anything about 1998 TEK

They certainly want you to drop a lot of money on their 2014 TEK product though

wantedcardboard

Mar 2, 2015
I havent bought anything topps in 3 years. I dont even buy their singles......due to the little disclaimer on the back......"The relic contained in this card is not from any specific game, event, or season" Just plain sketchy if you ask me! Customer service is pathetic, and the redemption process is just another way to screw us in the long run.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I agree with very poor Topps service. I stop buying their products as of Jan 1 this year They cant or refuse to even answer a simple question about whether a pattern # 49 diffractor was even made in their 1998 TOPP TEk set. Nobody seems to have any of that one particular Diffractor pattern . Yet their typical response has been "Mr. XXXX you wont get a different answer by posting the same question on our Facebook site. Call customer service. Here's the number" Yet when you do will not be able to talk to anyone one who knows anything about 1998 TEK

I would be shocked if you could get a Topps employee that knew anything about a 2014 product, let alone a 17 year old product.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

Don't give up the best hobby in the world

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I'd be shocked if anyone at customer service knows "Topps" has two P's.

LOL this gave me a big chuckle, after reading all the posts, it's kind of sad that Topps has turned what could and should be loyal customers into people that won't even buy their products.

As an update I elevated the case to a paypal dispute and PayPal refunded my shipping for the 5.72 I asked for. Again not about the money but it was nice that paypal agreed with me. I'm just happy this hobby has so much to offer that all of us can avoid new topps products and still enjoy collecting.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Unfortunately
Why sadly or unfortunately? I mean they are getting what they deserve. I too have basically gotten out of the hobby becuase of Topps and the fact that there is only one company to chose from. I always loved Donruss and their products, but it has not been the same the last few years. That plus, to me at least, only auto cards having any value makes it less exciting to buy anything except singles. I loved the days when you would buy a box and hope to get 2 great rookies and feel like you hit a great box. I know that was a longtime ago, but times have changed for the worse in our hobby.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
What about a petition to MLB and MLBPA about their shenanigans? Probably would go no where huh?

yep, won't go anywhere. Many companies/organizations including MLB and MLBPA are stupid nowdays - they don't seem to care that their reputation is tarnished or getting there when all they can see is the royalty/license $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Why sadly or unfortunately? I mean they are getting what they deserve. I too have basically gotten out of the hobby becuase of Topps and the fact that there is only one company to chose from. I always loved Donruss and their products, but it has not been the same the last few years. That plus, to me at least, only auto cards having any value makes it less exciting to buy anything except singles. I loved the days when you would buy a box and hope to get 2 great rookies and feel like you hit a great box. I know that was a longtime ago, but times have changed for the worse in our hobby.

I said unfortunately and sadly because honestly I would love to be busting some heritage right now and putting together that set, it's pretty fun and just a good hobby for me. But with such repeated poor encounters with topps customer service I just can't support topps with my money any longer. I know one person can't really make a difference but it makes me feel better to at least do what I can in protest of how badly this company treats their customers. That private equity buyout of topps is the worst thing that could have happened to collectors of new topps material in my opinion. Again I'm just glad our hobby offers so much that I can avoid topps new issues and have as much fun or maybe even more fun than before.

Members online