Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What 1/1s have 2 (or more) copies ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Curious as to what 1/1s have shown up with more than 1 copy out there? I'm talking about fully stamped (look exactly alike) , not NNO ones etc.

And if you know of other sports besides BB , post em in here also.

Was it 1998 Sports Illustrated ?

1998 Score

Was there a Flair or an Ultra ?

Ryan

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I have two copies of the 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter MINI MINI or SUPER MINI Mariano Rivera. These were only in the mini rip cards and were advertised as 1/1's. I saw mention of this on Blowout last year. Two other duplicate 1/1's from the set were reported, Jose Fernandez and Paul Goldschmidt, but they were owned by different people. I just bought my second copy of the Mariano a couple weeks ago and own both copies.

If anyone wants to use these images to embarrass/call out Topps feel free, just let me know about it.

Scott F

2014 TOPPS A&G 1 OF 1'S A.jpg2014 TOPPS A&G 1 OF 1'S B.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If my memory serves me right, it was 1998 Ultra has multiple copies of the same 1/1s... I think there is a guy who went after the set (I know, how crazy is that) and has been unloading it and has like a few dozen pairs of 1/1s LOL!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
IMG_20141228_130844516_zps7f2d3308.jpg

IMG_20141228_130904797_zps47f932c4.jpg

1998 Score Rookie Traded Showcase Series Artist's Proofs 1 of 1's (like the Burks shown above) are the only other 1990's one I know of. I have one Manny but have never seen a second...

MetalAndy

Aug 10, 2014
NH
I wish I could remember how I obtained 2 of the Burks. Not sure how there came to be multiple 1 of 1's. Anyone know? Was it just a goof or poor marketing by the companies? They had to know people would find more than one.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Was there 2 of the 1998 SIs or am I misremembering that ? So no Flair dups either anyone hearing of ?

Ryan

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I am not certain but I believe some felt there were 98 SI 1/1s out there that were not genuine and didn't match up with the pack issued ones...

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I am not certain but I believe some felt there were 98 SI 1/1s out there that were not genuine and didn't match up with the pack issued ones...

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Got ya , I slightly remember this stuff at this point. That sounds more like fake stamps over 2 printed by the company George Calfas listed the Clark like 2 years ago and someone hit the BIN quicker than I could. If anyone k ows more info on these or has 2 copies of a card , post it up.

Anything else out there ? That Rivera one is odd at this day in time , but ya never know what Topps is thinking on a given day.

Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
What about counterfeit or custom copies of pack pulled cards? I know its a little off topic, but there seems to be more and more of these showing up on the secondary market.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What about counterfeit or custom copies of pack pulled cards? I know its a little off topic, but there seems to be more and more of these showing up on the secondary market.

Share some examples of what your describing

Thx
Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for posting Kev . Yes I can see how that can be an issue. I am a lil less concerned about customs vs copying.i know it's a fine line where some people may not know the difference , and that is a lil scary. It happens in every collectible (and even non collectible) item in the world with knock offs etc. Thats where my concern would be when they are reproducing something exactly as it was produced at the company. Adding the serial #s etc.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have been saying for a long time now that I'm a little surprised more criminals don't turn to sports cards to fake and counterfeit. I mean for someone who invests in something to fake currency like the dollar bill, might as well just make fake cards like the article says or even worse fake patch cards because you can get them graded and pass off as legit. I mean it is sad how vulnerable the hobby is and how little it is taken advantage of. I'm glad I collect Belle who has somewhat limited "new" product and the majority of his stuff is pre-2001.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I forgot about another one I've seen:
I have the real 2010 Topps chrome superfractor 1/1 Manny Ramirez. Around 2011 an uncut sheet of superfractors surfaced which had Manny on it. Somebody bought it and cut up the cards. I must have been thinking logically when the "backdoor" Manny superfractor that came from an uncut sheet hit ebay, as I didn't feel like shelling out big bucks for a 1/1 card I already had and I was the runner up bidder.... so I only have "one" copy of that 1/1 but have seen two. The cards are the same as the real 1/1s but don;t have the 1/1 stamp/hologram.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I forgot about another one I've seen:
I have the real 2010 Topps chrome superfractor 1/1 Manny Ramirez. Around 2011 an uncut sheet of superfractors surfaced which had Manny on it. Somebody bought it and cut up the cards. I must have been thinking logically when the "backdoor" Manny superfractor that came from an uncut sheet hit ebay, as I didn't feel like shelling out big bucks for a 1/1 card I already had and I was the runner up bidder.... so I only have "one" copy of that 1/1 but have seen two. The cards are the same as the real 1/1s but don;t have the 1/1 stamp/hologram.

Yeah, I understand some those item, just like the Victory 1/1 NNO ones and I have the Fleer Final Clipping that were to be 1/1's w/#. Looking more at ones that contained everything the company meant to have including the stamps etc.

Ryan

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Regarding the 1998 Score Rookie Traded 1/1... "Please note that multiple copies of the Artist's Proof 1/1 cards have surfaced. It is believed that, while only one copy of each was inserted into Hobby packs, additional Artist's Proof 1/1s were produced for quality control purposes. These quality control cards were more than likely backdoored after Pinnacle Brands' bankruptcy."

I have one of the Grace 1/1's, and the owner of the other emailed me a scan of his.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
There were some boo-boos in hockey as well. A couple of insert sets had multiple 1 of 1's. I owned a pair of these Mike Johnson cards (I need to find the scan at home), but here's one copy. I know of another collector who also had doubles of his player from the same set. I actually traded my duplicate copy back to Upper Deck and they sent me some items in return. These are from 1998-99 Upper Deck.
9899UDFantFin1of1Front.jpg

Also - I know that this set had at least one duplication (probably everybody in the set though)
9899UDFIT1of1Front.jpg

Latest posts