User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 1/1s have 2 (or more) copies ?

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    I have been saying for a long time now that I'm a little surprised more criminals don't turn to sports cards to fake and counterfeit. I mean for someone who invests in something to fake currency like the dollar bill, might as well just make fake cards like the article says or even worse fake patch cards because you can get them graded and pass off as legit. I mean it is sad how vulnerable the hobby is and how little it is taken advantage of. I'm glad I collect Belle who has somewhat limited "new" product and the majority of his stuff is pre-2001.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about another one I've seen:
    I have the real 2010 Topps chrome superfractor 1/1 Manny Ramirez. Around 2011 an uncut sheet of superfractors surfaced which had Manny on it. Somebody bought it and cut up the cards. I must have been thinking logically when the "backdoor" Manny superfractor that came from an uncut sheet hit ebay, as I didn't feel like shelling out big bucks for a 1/1 card I already had and I was the runner up bidder.... so I only have "one" copy of that 1/1 but have seen two. The cards are the same as the real 1/1s but don;t have the 1/1 stamp/hologram.
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrsallstars View Post
    I forgot about another one I've seen:
    I have the real 2010 Topps chrome superfractor 1/1 Manny Ramirez. Around 2011 an uncut sheet of superfractors surfaced which had Manny on it. Somebody bought it and cut up the cards. I must have been thinking logically when the "backdoor" Manny superfractor that came from an uncut sheet hit ebay, as I didn't feel like shelling out big bucks for a 1/1 card I already had and I was the runner up bidder.... so I only have "one" copy of that 1/1 but have seen two. The cards are the same as the real 1/1s but don;t have the 1/1 stamp/hologram.

Yeah, I understand some those item, just like the Victory 1/1 NNO ones and I have the Fleer Final Clipping that were to be 1/1's w/#. Looking more at ones that contained everything the company meant to have including the stamps etc.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the 1998 Score Rookie Traded 1/1... "Please note that multiple copies of the Artist's Proof 1/1 cards have surfaced. It is believed that, while only one copy of each was inserted into Hobby packs, additional Artist's Proof 1/1s were produced for quality control purposes. These quality control cards were more than likely backdoored after Pinnacle Brands' bankruptcy."

I have one of the Grace 1/1's, and the owner of the other emailed me a scan of his.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some boo-boos in hockey as well. A couple of insert sets had multiple 1 of 1's. I owned a pair of these Mike Johnson cards (I need to find the scan at home), but here's one copy. I know of another collector who also had doubles of his player from the same set. I actually traded my duplicate copy back to Upper Deck and they sent me some items in return. These are from 1998-99 Upper Deck.

Also - I know that this set had at least one duplication (probably everybody in the set though)
    Travis Fryman & Steve Yzerman. https://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    Fryman wants (any 1/1's)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief7575 View Post
    There were some boo-boos in hockey as well. A couple of insert sets had multiple 1 of 1's. I owned a pair of these Mike Johnson cards (I need to find the scan at home), but here's one copy. I know of another collector who also had doubles of his player from the same set. I actually traded my duplicate copy back to Upper Deck and they sent me some items in return. These are from 1998-99 Upper Deck.

Also - I know that this set had at least one duplication (probably everybody in the set though)
    Thx for posting . Any other examples ?

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Got ya , I slightly remember this stuff at this point. That sounds more like fake stamps over 2 printed by the company George Calfas listed the Clark like 2 years ago and someone hit the BIN quicker than I could. If anyone k ows more info on these or has 2 copies of a card , post it up.

Anything else out there ? That Rivera one is odd at this day in time , but ya never know what Topps is thinking on a given day.

Ryan
    Not me.....I sold Clark 1996 Mirror gold and 1997 Totally Cert Plat gold in a matter of minutes but not 1/1s.

I helped others realize that the guy with the SI 1/1s had cut them from a sheet.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Not me.....I sold Clark 1996 Mirror gold and 1997 Totally Cert Plat gold in a matter of minutes but not 1/1s.

I helped others realize that the guy with the SI 1/1s had cut them from a sheet.
    Oh man , I swear it was you that had a few of the SI 1/1s including Clark up. Sorry . It went for $350-400 ish BIN. Luckily I have the 2 golds u sold but still looking for a 96 Mirror Blue. If I ever go crazy maybe I'll try to get the golds again to have w and w/o peels ...

But regarding the SIs that sheet you say they were cut from was a 2nd copy of the 1/1s correct ?

Ryan

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But regarding the SIs that sheet you say they were cut from was a 2nd copy of the 1/1s correct ?

Ryan
    Yes, he later admitted that he had a local print shop do the cutting.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man , I swear it was you that had a few of the SI 1/1s including Clark up. Sorry . It went for $350-400 ish BIN. Luckily I have the 2 golds u sold but still looking for a 96 Mirror Blue. If I ever go crazy maybe I'll try to get the golds again to have w and w/o peels ...

Ryan
    Got to love the chase for the '96s. I still need the horizontal red and the golds are always on the wanted list...
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found my scan of my duplicate.
    Travis Fryman & Steve Yzerman. https://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    Fryman wants (any 1/1's)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief7575 View Post
    Found my scan of my duplicate.
    Thx for posting !

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12