Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you sell your Trout too soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Kris Bryant has played 1/2 a year at AAA and his red auto /5 sold for, what, $14.5k? He's done absolutely nothing yet at the MLB level and people are willing to drop serious cash on him. I agree it's borderline insane, but if you have oodles of cash on hand, it's just fun-and-games, I'm sure, to the buyer. At least Trout has proven he's an MVP at the top level. Bryant hasn't proven a damn thing......yet.

True. I'm just surprised anyone would pay that much. Even with unlimited funds, it seems like a waste.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Guys, I hate being negative but this card is got nowhere to go but down in value. I can't really think of any examples where prices have stayed this way on anybody. Even Pujols stuff is a lot more affordable. You look at every single guy's stuff and you realize eventually, it has no chance of sustaining it's value. Not like this. Guy's get hurt, have decent but not superstar style stats after a few years, etc. I don't doubt Trout will have a great career but these kind of prices suggest a Ruthian career. One he has yet to have. That's why you never buy in on the hype. I'd like to think most of you understand this...

I agree.

Please tell me how a blue /150 can not only maintain $4k, but actually go up? That's four THOUSAND dollars. For a baseball card.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
It wasn't that long ago that we all thought Albert Pujols Rookie Autos would stay at his former prices as well. I am as much of a Trout fan as the next guy, but these prices are out of this world and will be damn tough to stay there.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It wasn't that long ago that we all thought Albert Pujols Rookie Autos would stay at his former prices as well. I am as much of a Trout fan as the next guy, but these prices are out of this world and will be damn tough to stay there.

I stated it earlier , prices dip by decent % for an injury , an off year , or even consistency. W/O seasons at higher key numbers than he has put up , the market will even get bored with the same good seasons

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

My point exactly. I also tend to agree with Ryan and JH. I guess the biggest question is why people who have plenty of readily handy examples of this still do this...pay this much. It doesn't make sense as a flipper(not now anyways), and it doesn't make sense as a collector. And honestly, even as a prestige thing, it's lacking. If you have unlimited funds, why not go after a Wagner? A 52 Mantle? Those cards are IMO, overpriced, but at least people know about them and they have that prestige factor. Plus I don't see them dropping. Oh well...different folks...different strokes.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Bought a ref auto at a show for $25 in 2009/2010. I sold it for $50 a few months later...to this day it still makes me sick to think about it

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yes, yes I did.

I sold a "Base" Sterling auto of his for $16 soon after getting it. Got more ($19) for Chris Hand. :lol:

At least it was from a free pack!

Ouch.I sold Fernandez autographs in spring training 2 years ago not thinking he would make the team.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I need to screen shot that ending price so when people say oh I thought only little kids collected baseball cards I can show them there are some incredibly ballin kids

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
America's game, baby!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

we love it too up here in hockey country. i'll watch football, but just can't get into hockey anymore. i count the days after the Super Bowl for spring training.

Members online