Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Excel Spreadsheet for collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshuaBaseball

Jan 4, 2015
I was curious if anyone has tried and/or had any success at creating a spreadsheet via Microsoft Excel for their collection. If so, I'd love to hear about it and maybe bounce some ideas back and forth. Thanks

Attachments

• B. Harper.jpg
    B. Harper.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 45

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I started one for my Griffey collection. It makes it easy to sort by how it does/would appear in Beckett. Still a work in progress...

The fields are:
Year/Main Set/Subset/Parallel/Insert/Insert-Parallel/Card #/Serial#/Print Run/Pack Odds/Amount Paid/Current Value/Other Players On Card

**Not every card has an option for every field. I can email you a small portion if you'd like for you to play/sort with.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
All the time, super easy. I also use Google Docs so I can access my sheets anywhere/anytime

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Even I can do it!

I have a main page with value formulas from other sheets and individual sheets for each set/player/theme.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I have used one for a few years. I just have tabs on the bottom for different years and then a bunch at the end for oddballs. Takes a while to get it going but it's worth it.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I also use google docs. I just found out about creating different tabs so mine is over 5000 lines long right now. I would be lost without it

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I use a pretty basic Excel sheet for my set collecting. I do master sets, so the base set gets a sheet, each insert set gets a sheet, and so on. For something like 2011 Topps Heritage, where the Chrome/Ref/Black ref/Green ref/Black border all share the same players, I'll stick all of that on one sheet, and each parallel gets a column.

Every card I have gets an X, and every missing card gets a red background. I have a macro to count the number of red cell backgrounds to give me my percentage.

If you're interested, I'll send one over.

U9tgQVa.png

Last edited:

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I use it.. Well, the OpenOffice version for my auto collection. Nice, organized, and easy to update and keep track of.

For this use I have columns for player name, set, card number, team, type of autograph, ink color, serial number if applicable, inscription, and one seldomly used for notes - tends to just be for multi-signed.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Yessir. I use excel for everything card related. Have google drive, drop box and one drive apps on the laptop and iPhone, so I have multiple copies saved and accessible, regardless of where I'm at.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i use excel or OO Calc for autos and relics in my PC. Sure makes it nice to find out if I already have an auto or relic of a given player, considering I have 7 binders full of just autos/relics in my collection.

Name, team, year, manufacturer and brand, columns tp note jersey, relic, or both, column for serial numbering if any, column for notes where I say if it's sticker or on-card, ink color, color of jersey swatch, description of patch, etc.

JoshuaBaseball

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks again guys I really appreciate it! To all who stated they would send me a link please pm it to me. Thanks again

Members online