User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: who knew there was competition among no-skill workers!

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    I don't even understand your point here. He was suggesting he'd take a "lesser" job to keep some income coming in. I replied to that. What does that have to do with Luck or blaming others? Sometimes circumstances force people to take "lesser" jobs, at least temporarily, through no fault of their own. Hell, I was once a Manager for a company that closed up shop in less than one business day. How the heck is that my Fault? Your point, although condescending and incredibly rude, is NOT related to what I wrote.

    And your comments to Phillyfan are just idiotic and insulting. You know nothing about him or his work and just assume that since he "sticks up" for the less skilled that he doesn't "have what it takes" when he is in fact just showing some empathy to those who are lesser off. Your attitude is what is wrong with current day America, not his...
    My comments to him are not insulting. He slings mud at me then cries like a baby when I throw it back. He has absolutely no clue who I am and what I do, but he takes pot shots at it all day long and you find that okay but critize me when I give it back? Because of people like you and philly, all of North America suffers. Its people like you that have given the choice to many people to feed off the govt hand. You have given them the choice of taking a free pay cheque by coddling them and making them feel sorry that they cannot better themselves thus they should always look for a hand out.

    Because of people like you and Philly, those below the poverty don't want to upgrade their skill. They don't want to worker harder or improve their lives. Why would they when they have people like advocating that they should stay at their jobs of no skills because we'll just pay you more. Don't upgrade, because we'll keep paying you more. You guys advocate that. Are you sure you aren't causing the issue of welfare cases through your generosity of wanting to re distribute wealth without earning it?

    Im telling circumstances only play a role in affecting your outcome if you don't prepare for them. So essentially if you lose your job and can't pick up, its because you weren't prepared and didn't do what had to be done. If you can't afford to put food on your plate because you can't find a job or ran out of money, thats on you for not have a plan in place as a contingency. Its 100% on the person themselves. My wife was let go from her place of work last year. She found a job within a week. How do you explain that? From our perspective, she was able to find a job because she made sure she had a skill set that is in demand. Thats how you do it.
    Last edited by Orangejello727; 03-22-2015 at 01:43 PM.

  2. #32
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,748
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
    My comments to him are not insulting. He slings mud at me then cries like a baby when I throw it back. He has absolutely no clue who I am and what I do, but he takes pot shots at it all day long and you find that okay but critize me when I give it back? Because of people like you and philly, all of North America suffers. Its people like you that have given the choice to many people to feed off the govt hand. You have given them the choice of taking a free pay cheque by coddling them and making them feel sorry that they cannot better themselves thus they should always look for a hand out.

    No one knows anything about you because you're too much of a coward to let us know even though you accused me of the same thing and i told you everything you wanted. My wife and I are comfortable, thank goodness after years of struggle and hard work. unlike you, i dont pass judgements on people i dont know. The fact is everything you've ever shared on here shows you as a jealous little man that if he'd been chosen, would be one of those leeches that you love to rail on. Unlike you, I dont hide who i am behind a screen. Slinging mud is only true if i'm making up stuff but your posts show the low quality individual you are.

    Take ownership of it.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #33
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,119
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    I don't even understand your point here. He was suggesting he'd take a "lesser" job to keep some income coming in. I replied to that. What does that have to do with Luck or blaming others? Sometimes circumstances force people to take "lesser" jobs, at least temporarily, through no fault of their own. Hell, I was once a Manager for a company that closed up shop in less than one business day. How the heck is that my Fault? Your point, although condescending and incredibly rude, is NOT related to what I wrote.

    And your comments to Phillyfan are just idiotic and insulting. You know nothing about him or his work and just assume that since he "sticks up" for the less skilled that he doesn't "have what it takes" when he is in fact just showing some empathy to those who are lesser off. Your attitude is what is wrong with current day America, not his...
    Here, here. Very well said.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    No one knows anything about you because you're too much of a coward to let us know even though you accused me of the same thing and i told you everything you wanted. My wife and I are comfortable, thank goodness after years of struggle and hard work. unlike you, i dont pass judgements on people i dont know. The fact is everything you've ever shared on here shows you as a jealous little man that if he'd been chosen, would be one of those leeches that you love to rail on. Unlike you, I dont hide who i am behind a screen. Slinging mud is only true if i'm making up stuff but your posts show the low quality individual you are.

    Take ownership of it.
    You don't pass judgement? You have called me every name in the book. You called me a toll booth collector, a coward, a racist and just about every other vulgar name that an ambulance chaser would use. Any chance to get a proper debate out of you? Or is your childish name calling your way of fighting dirty at every turn??

    You make up lies.

    1. I am not a toll booth collector. Ive never applied to be one. YOU LIE ABOUT IT.
    2. I am not a racist. YOU LIE ABOUT IT

    How many times can you cross this line and claim to have any integrity? Calling me a coward and a little man? Tell me Im sitting behind a screen while you type nonsense at me? Hypocrisy at its best. You seriously need to grow up. Better yet, stop living off my dime.

    You are like a whiny child who goes ape poop when you don't get your way. I choose to support those who wish to make themselves into something. Stop hating me for wanting people to work hard and better themselves. I do not want to give free handouts like you do. Thats not what my tax money should be spent on.
    Last edited by Orangejello727; 03-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.

  5. #35
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,748
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
    You don't pass judgement? You have called me every name in the book. You called me a toll booth collector, a coward, a racist and just about every other vulgar name that an ambulance chaser would use. Any chance to get a proper debate out of you? Or is your childish name calling your way of fighting dirty at every turn??

    You make up lies.

    1. I am not a toll booth collector. Ive never applied to be one. YOU LIE ABOUT IT.
    2. I am not a racist. YOU LIE ABOUT IT

    How many times can you cross this line and claim to have any integrity? Calling me a coward and a little man? Tell me Im sitting behind a screen while you type nonsense at me? Hypocrisy at its best. You seriously need to grow up. Better yet, stop living off my dime.

    You are like a whiny child who goes ape poop when you don't get your way. I choose to support those who wish to make themselves into something. Stop hating me for wanting people to work hard and better themselves. I do not want to give free handouts like you do. Thats not what my tax money should be spent on.
    No, I dont pass judgement on people i dont know. you've made your thoughts and feelings known.

    notice how you keep going back to me living off your canadian dime? I have been clear in the fact about my life but the only way this makes sense for you is that i'm depending on you to survive. I'm giving you the same respect you seem to give others so until you start reading, you're a wannabe toll booth collector who is mad he didnt get the job. As for getting my own way, I couldnt care less. Message boards are boring if everyone agrees but you've shown yourself to be what you are. All anyone has to do to figure it out is read your previous posts.

    For me to be a hypocrite, i'd have to be ducking answering your questions about myself and who i am and what i do. You have never answered any of your own questions.

    Own it.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    No, I dont pass judgement on people i dont know. you've made your thoughts and feelings known.

    notice how you keep going back to me living off your canadian dime? I have been clear in the fact about my life but the only way this makes sense for you is that i'm depending on you to survive. I'm giving you the same respect you seem to give others so until you start reading, you're a wannabe toll booth collector who is mad he didnt get the job. As for getting my own way, I couldnt care less. Message boards are boring if everyone agrees but you've shown yourself to be what you are. All anyone has to do to figure it out is read your previous posts.

    For me to be a hypocrite, i'd have to be ducking answering your questions about myself and who i am and what i do. You have never answered any of your own questions.

    Own it.
    How do you know that I don't pay taxes in the US? How do you know that I don't have interest or investments in the US? Again Im not a toll booth collector nor want to be me. Im a toll booth collectors as much as you scam the govt for money. Own up to it.

  7. #37
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,748
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
    How do you know that I don't pay taxes in the US? How do you know that I don't have interest or investments in the US? Again Im not a toll booth collector nor want to be me. Im a toll booth collectors as much as you scam the govt for money. Own up to it.
    lol

    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    lol

    Please explain this to me since you don't make up things and lie. The exact response you give when you get caught.

  9. #39
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,748
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
    Please explain this to me since you don't make up things and lie. The exact response you give when you get caught.
    I'm not saying i'm right. What i'm saying is you clearly dont read anything others type because if you did, you'd know exactly how silly you sound. So even though I tell you things about myself, you resort back to the idea i'm defending people because i'm one of them. So if you're not respectful enough to read, why would anyone give you the same regard?

    You've also refused to answer any questions about yourself using the lame excuse people would make fun of you based on your background or where you're from. that would never be tolerated here so its a lame excuse. You have resorted to distorting the truth as i've laid it out and for that, I owe you nothing other than the same amount of disrespect. If and when you start reading and stop going to the idea we have to be like the people we support, you get zero.

    You've made no points and gained no real respect.

    Other guys in this debate like [MENTION=6317]homerun28aa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] at least read the words of others and as much as i may disagree with them, I respect them for that. You, you get no respect because you've not earned any.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  10. #40
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    32,121
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
    Because of people like you and Philly, those below the poverty don't want to upgrade their skill. They don't want to worker harder or improve their lives. Why would they when they have people like advocating that they should stay at their jobs of no skills because we'll just pay you more. Don't upgrade, because we'll keep paying you more. You guys advocate that.
    Please show me where I ever said that, either on FCB or any other public forum. I have never said that. IN FACT, if you read any of my welfare-related posts, you would know I advocate a six-month cap on it and unemployment. One year if you have kids under 5.

    As for your wife's situation, that's great she found something so quick. When my previous company shuttered up so quick, I had a back-up plan too, and implemented it right away. But some can't do that. That doesn't make them "lesser" skilled just less prepared.

    And IDK anything about this "toll collector" thing, but that takes less skill than working at any of the discount retailers mentioned earlier...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Please show me where I ever said that, either on FCB or any other public forum. I have never said that. IN FACT, if you read any of my welfare-related posts, you would know I advocate a six-month cap on it and unemployment. One year if you have kids under 5.

    As for your wife's situation, that's great she found something so quick. When my previous company shuttered up so quick, I had a back-up plan too, and implemented it right away. But some can't do that. That doesn't make them "lesser" skilled just less prepared.

    And IDK anything about this "toll collector" thing, but that takes less skill than working at any of the discount retailers mentioned earlier...
    I had posted an article of a sunshine list of 21 ticket collectors making 100k + yearly in a public sector union job paid for by the tax payer. Philly advocated that the man was justified to make such money for working 1000+ hr of overtime at 2x times pay ... $50/hr to sit in a booth and watch tokens fall. Thats where all this started. For some reason it overflowed into here by him for some odd reason.

    You're correct, if someone is less prepared when they lose their job. Still can't be blamed on anyone but the person themselves. We all run into bad times. We all work for our earned money. Some of just just work harder, better, smarter and are in more demand for our skill set hence why we don't run into those issues. That was my point.

  12. #42
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,589
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    [/B]


    Actually, i am not even asking to pay less taxes. I'm asking that my money be spent making the country i live in better.

    Is your assertion that my opinion that a person make 9-10 dollars an hour would allow people to live "very comfortably"?

    The rest of your post is based on the assumption the only reason a person works at a low wage job is that they have no desire to be better. As if in some way they look at the want ads and decide to take the 40 hour job making 8 dollars an hour over the job making 20. Your reasoning is illogical and based on the idea those high wage jobs still grow on trees.

    Seriously, 9 to 10 dollars an hour is a very comfortable wage. Also, 50k is not a very comfortable living either unless i'm missing something...
    The bold is funny, that is actually the exact line I have been going with throughout all of these conversations while you were always saying how you need your tax bill to be smaller that's why you're in favor of a minimum wage hike. Quite honestly, I'm flattered that you've decided to adopt my approach (though I think we would probably disagree on the subject of what the money should be spent on to make the US "better").

    I'm not saying that based on the $9-$10 increase you were in favor of, I'm saying that based off the $100K toll booth collector who lives very comfortably and again you can keep going back to the fact that it's one toll booth collector but I think that example sheds light on the public sector employment situation and by the line you've taken in this thread, it seems like you're hoping for similar outcomes in the private sector and across the board. And as for your point that 50K is not a comfortable lifestyle - well I would just say it's all relative. For highly specialized jobs, of course not - but for a cashier, or someone who works in the kitchen at McDonald's I think if you spoke to those people today they would say $50K is extremely comfortable. So again $9-$10 per hour overall sounds ok to me - I can live with that, but then if you're going to compare that to $50K per year for low-skill labor then I have some issues with that.

    Finally RE: the part that is based on the assumption that a person works at a low wage because they have no desire to be better...well you're 100% correct in the last part of your post. The $40 per hour jobs, they don't grow on trees and someone working as a stock boy/girl at Target can look at the want ads all they want and they won't be able to get that $40 per hour job. It takes more than just wanting, or looking, to get to that point from a low-skill job - it takes action, it takes risk, it takes a LOT of doing what you don't want to do in the hopes that someday you'll be able to get to that level with no guarantees. How many people do you think are comfortable with that? IMO very few; the ones that dedicate themselves to getting the education, working the long hours, borrowing money if need be, etc. those people are the ones who have a chance to better themselves. The ones who just sit and look at the want ads and are unwilling to make that sacrifice, well those people will live close to the poverty level their whole lives and is that a shame? Of course. It's sad, but what am I supposed to do? As I've been saying I'm happy to pay for those people to have food, a roof over their heads, but anything more than that should not come out of my pocket.

  13. #43
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    41,748
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    I'm not saying that based on the $9-$10 increase you were in favor of, I'm saying that based off the $100K toll booth collector who lives very comfortably and again you can keep going back to the fact that it's one toll booth collector but I think that example sheds light on the public sector employment situation and by the line you've taken in this thread, it seems like you're hoping for similar outcomes in the private sector and across the board. And as for your point that 50K is not a comfortable lifestyle - well I would just say it's all relative. For highly specialized jobs, of course not - but for a cashier, or someone who works in the kitchen at McDonald's I think if you spoke to those people today they would say $50K is extremely comfortable. So again $9-$10 per hour overall sounds ok to me - I can live with that, but then if you're going to compare that to $50K per year for low-skill labor then I have some issues with that.
    since the rest of your post is semantics and more of the same combination of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" nonsense and a lack of understanding of the people you are trying to speak for, I'll just skip it.

    you cant be seriously still pointing to a single worker or ever 100 workers as your shining example of whats wrong with the world. i just cant believe thats what you're doing.

    Here's the funny thing about us folks in those high skilled jobs. We're as easily replaceable as those low skill workers you seem to love to pick on. You're so high skilled that if you left tomorrow, they could replace you in a week and in 6 months no one would remember your name.

    As for the bolded, your issue seems that they are able to make a living doing something you've deemed unworthy. Its such an odd thing you seem to be angry with even though those people actually improve our economy by being consumers...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  14. #44
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,589
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    since the rest of your post is semantics and more of the same combination of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" nonsense and a lack of understanding of the people you are trying to speak for, I'll just skip it.

    you cant be seriously still pointing to a single worker or ever 100 workers as your shining example of whats wrong with the world. i just cant believe thats what you're doing.

    Here's the funny thing about us folks in those high skilled jobs. We're as easily replaceable as those low skill workers you seem to love to pick on. You're so high skilled that if you left tomorrow, they could replace you in a week and in 6 months no one would remember your name.

    As for the bolded, your issue seems that they are able to make a living doing something you've deemed unworthy. Its such an odd thing you seem to be angry with even though those people actually improve our economy by being consumers...
    I think it's funny that you think that's what angers me as that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm also not sure I fully agree with you as to your point about high-skilled jobs. Yes, I can be easily replaced, and even my replacement can be easily replaced but the labor supply for my job is FAR smaller than the low-skill labor market. Let's say we live in a world of 1 million people and 100 could do my job while 1,000,000 have the physical capability and "know how" to be a cashier, think about the implications of that on the wage of my job vs. a cashier.

    And as to why your last point couldn't be further from the truth, my whole thing is to let the people who sign the checks determine what to make the amount to. Make a floor that is acceptable ($8-$10) and let the market do the rest for you. WalMart and Target are already paying their workers more and that's great. Let the corporations and businesses determine whether they want to pay their workers $50K, don't let you or me determine it as taxpayers let the people who sign the checks make that determination. The workers are completely free to reject any proposal mind you, we don't live in Soviet Russia. Just as I'm not someone who should determine whether someone should make a comfortable living based on whether I deem that job intelligent enough or not, you are not someone who should determine what that worker should be paid using the same exact logic; so again I'll make my point even clearer than I've made it in any conversation we've had about this. Let the consumer of that labor determine how much that person should be paid, if the worker doesn't like it they can tell the employer to go f*** themselves.

    And if you're looking for the floor to be raised slightly to $9 (which is really all you were looking for before), then that's fine at the end of the day if the vast majority of small businesses can support it and if a $1 increase causes a few small businesses to fail - well maybe at this point I agree with you that they were destined for failure anyways. But it should only be a minuscule amount, which it probably is.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want someone to pay me more too!! I don't want to do anymore work or try harder, I want the govt to enforce companies to pay me more so I can go out and buy more things and live an ever better life. I deserve it as much as those below the poverty line!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •