Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well...this is something I've never seen before...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That is really great proof, I had never seen another Robinson from that set before. If all 10 aren't patches, then it's a dream come true for a patch faker if one of the others comes up with a plain jersey piece. So it seems like I was wrong on the Jackie, but I still honestly wouldn't touch it even if the overwhelming chance is it's real just not a card I would go for even in the right price range.

I actually like that move by Topps, cut the prime pieces into some AWESOME cards instead of making an #/50 print run with some decent Robinson's that will clutter up the market.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
That is really great proof, I had never seen another Robinson from that set before. If all 10 aren't patches, then it's a dream come true for a patch faker if one of the others comes up with a plain jersey piece. So it seems like I was wrong on the Jackie, but I still honestly wouldn't touch it even if the overwhelming chance is it's real just not a card I would go for even in the right price range.

I actually like that move by Topps, cut the prime pieces into some AWESOME cards instead of making an #/50 print run with some decent Robinson's that will clutter up the market.

I believe they are all patches, they are more than likely tucked away or some still in product. The 3rd one I saw has the patch coming from the top unlike the side with the last 2. Also I noticed he sold a Munson offline.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I believe they are all patches, they are more than likely tucked away or some still in product. The 3rd one I saw has the patch coming from the top unlike the side with the last 2. Also I noticed he sold a Munson offline.

Would make sense that all 10 are patches, that's quite incredible I don't think Topps will release many jumbo wool patches in upcoming products. I guess I ate my words on the Jackie, but I have 0 confidence in the Munson's (considering I was able to find 2 that were plain white jersey's).

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Would make sense that all 10 are patches, that's quite incredible I don't think Topps will release many jumbo wool patches in upcoming products. I guess I ate my words on the Jackie, but I have 0 confidence in the Munson's (considering I was able to find 2 that were plain white jersey's).

all 10 of the jackie are jumbo patches. I remember seeing 7 of them sell on ebay when the product was released. 100% confident they are real.

As for the seller himself, his prices might be high but I have bought alot of cards from him including one giant lot last year. Buying in bulk I was comfortable with the price. He is not a consignor, he is a private collector that is trying to sell some of his collection for personal reason. Doesnt need the money persay...just wants the cards in a good home and is not willing to just give them away a low ball price.

As for the munsons...I've seen alot of great patches from 2008 sterling as well as bad fakes. Myself personally I have no issue buying from him, if the munsons are fake he surly didn't do it. He has some great stuff and is a great guy....even if it seems 20k for a jackie and 15k for a clemente is crazy ;)

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
As for the seller himself, his prices might be high but I have bought alot of cards from him including one giant lot last year. Buying in bulk I was comfortable with the price. He is not a consignor, he is a private collector that is trying to sell some of his collection for personal reason. Doesnt need the money persay...just wants the cards in a good home and is not willing to just give them away a low ball price.

Good info and good to know!

Thanks,
Jeff

Members online

Latest posts