Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just thought I would post this little nugget I pulled..

ttt-mvp.jpg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
A couple very nice cards! That flood is excellent! There is also a nice jackie robinson knob currently on open auction. Been awhile since I've seen a jackie robinson knob

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
A couple very nice cards! That flood is excellent! There is also a nice jackie robinson knob currently on open auction. Been awhile since I've seen a jackie robinson knob

The guy selling the Hank Aaron bat knob auto on eBay is a Blowout member saying he wants to sell ASAP for 3300. If you are looking for it, you should be able to send him a message via eBay (not stealing as I got the info from Blowout and not Beckett lol ;) ):

287788d1434573107-hank-aaron-2015-tier-one-1-1-bat-knob-auto-img_1502.jpg

Blowout thread link: Hank Aaron 2015 Tier One 1/1 Bat Knob Auto - Blowout Cards Forums
Ebay listing link: 2015 Topps Tier One Hank Aaron Game Used Bat Knob Auto True 1 1 | eBay

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Something about that Auto area color irritates me. Not that I'm buying it , but it looks stickerish the way they whited out the background. And the 44 isn't up n down ticks me off too. I just figured I'd just pop in to ***** about it ;)

Ryan

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks for the heads up! Very nice card. One of the best hank aaron cards I've seen, but 3300 seems really high

Yeah that is a big number, but remember, we already photo matched the auction of the GU bat and year the knob came from ;) What would one "normally" go for? And are there any Aaron knobs with an on card auto?

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Yeah that is a big number, but remember, we already photo matched the auction of the GU bat and year the knob came from ;) What would one "normally" go for? And are there any Aaron knobs with an on card auto?

I think mlballtimegreats has a aaron knob and I know he didn't spend over 3k. He can tell you. You are correct though, I think this is his only auto knob

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Newest pickups some were sold recently but not purchased by me off ebay. The guy I deal with sometimes gets in and out of cards quick.

IMG_0006_zpszqvkwu67.jpg

IMG_0003_zps3l8freeh.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsypvax0nk.jpg

IMG_0002_zpssnoq3uzf.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsr7q8d4b7.jpg

IMG_0007_zpstsc8sppo.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsbspfuiua.jpg

hockey yes hockey
IMG_0038_zps4hqrxoi1.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsd4z9a87l.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsndh80kxk.jpg

IMG_0070_zpsspfrvd1o.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsnyruppa2.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the heads up! Very nice card. One of the best hank aaron cards I've seen, but 3300 seems really high

Yes 3300 too much as it's not even the knob, it's the barrel end. To me and other knob collectors it matters. Even with the auto it's still not 3300 nice. If this was a bat knob end it would have sold already. His knobs sell for over 3k but keep in mind that they are the actual knob and he has less than a hand full of actual knob bat cards which is less than the other major guys, like Ruth, Gehrig and Clemente, ect ect.

A_Pharis

Picked up a small random lot of uniform tagging. I think they likely came from independent league or minor league teams re-purposing uniforms (Louisiana College here in Pineville actually used Yankee uniforms during the time when the Aces team was a Yankees affiliate in the 50's). Included one known tag - for sure. A 1977 Phillies Tim McCarver.

There were more Rawlings tags, but the two chain-stitched name tags are nice... even if they are essentially unidentifiable:

tags.jpg

Members online