Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Look at it this way.

Used in a "game" or not, it is still a VERY distinctive item tied to one of the best players of all time. Look at the numerous game used items out there that have no specific time frame of use, and you won't find any (aside from maybe rookie materials or milestone bats) that is more pinpoint to a specific time frame. I'd venture to even call this jersey "iconic," because it crosses over into collectible militaria.

If I had the cash - I'd drop it.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I appreciate all the perspectives if I'm considering dropping money on it.

To me I'm also trying to decide how much that distinction might matter to me. All the games played were exhibition games so I'm not sure it bothers me a ton if he wore it at games or only at USO events...

If I were in the position to not question the money I spent, I think that would be a fantastic piece to have. Remembering your non-card related pickups, that would go nicely with a lot of the vintage auto'd balls and such you have posted previously. The fact that his name is stitched on the front, the sleeves are cut, and there is now photo-matching evidence of him wearing it makes it a great item. Even if it was game used, I am on the same page as you, it is exhibition, but at the same time that was an historic time for our country so just that fact also adds to the uniqueness.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I haven't had the time to drool over the Carew mega upload , but I did see $4k for authentication. Wow! I wonder how they came to that amount as an asking price.

Ryan

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I haven't had the time to drool over the Carew mega upload , but I did see $4k for authentication. Wow! I wonder how they came to that amount as an asking price.

Ryan

Their website basically says that the cost of research is really high. Unlike an autograph authentication they would need to look through databases, possibly travel to speak to people etc. I imagine some instances cost very little and others cost a ton...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Carew's.. I only have a few..

lms-rc.jpg

lmst-rc.jpg

I have another one that I will scan later..

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Some great RCs for sure.

Regarding the authentication , I mean what if they could verify it in 8 hours ya know? I understand if additional authentication was needed they would say it's gonna be an additional $*** , but $4k from the start is quite the cost. Same if they know they can't authenticate it fairly quickly , you'd still be out the $4k ? I guess I can go look at the site , just seems like quite the number they've reached for the service.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
It was kinda hard to believe, but I going through my cards the other day and I found that I was lacking a really high end Bob Gibson patch card. I have some great wool patches of Gibson but they are all with other players on the card. So quickly searched eBay and found the 2014 national treasures bob Gibson jersey namestitch was still available. After a few hours of negotiations I landed it. I'm glad to add it to my collection :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 31

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice Gibby , though they could upped the look of the right side. Regardless nice piece, any idea what year/jersey it is?

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Nice Gibby , though they could upped the look of the right side. Regardless nice piece, any idea what year/jersey it is?

Ryan

The grey flannel fabric says is should be a 1960's version. I have seen a couple sales of 1963 and 1964 jerseys and the stitching doesn't match the 1964 jersey and I can't tell if it matches the 1963 jersey?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts