Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I thought the jackson jersey used in this set is from 1987, his last year in the big leagues. Don't know if that helps any. I have also seen other elephant patches too. I know the athletics had them on there jerseys in 1989, but I can't say about 1987.

The Gomez button is awesome! I want a patch from it but so far the only patch I see is a dual with a plain herb pen**** swatch also and I'm not interested in that one

Err, yeah I think your right and that pisses me off for missing that. My research on the card was seeing other copies w/ different (non overlapping parts of the elephant) , and seeing some examples of Reggie Jerseys w the Elephant logo on it that he signed. But I don't see a uni before 89 (except in the 50s) w game use. Sooo , maybe it's not my favorite patch anymore ;(

Ryan

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I thought the jackson jersey used in this set is from 1987, his last year in the big leagues. Don't know if that helps any. I have also seen other elephant patches too. I know the athletics had them on there jerseys in 1989, but I can't say about 1987.

The Gomez button is awesome! I want a patch from it but so far the only patch I see is a dual with a plain herb pen**** swatch also and I'm not interested in that one
They Used a 1987 Jersey and they used a 1989 jersey with the Elephant, I wish they would have stayed with one and not crossed them as there is a difference between playing days worn (Albeit his last year in the league) vs Coaches worn. The Patches pieces with the Elephant are 1989 jersey and Patches with All Star patches were from 1987 jersey as they wore those patches all year during home games I believe. With Both jerseys being white its hard to distinguish what year of jersey or patch you have unless you pull the Sleeve patch from either the Elephant (1989 coach worn jersey) or AllStar Game patch (1987 game worn his last year playing).

The sterling home run 73 may be my favorite card. Think it cost me around 500 also. Would love to see the 1/1 prime version....who knows what that would cost 1500?

Yes the 1/1 of that card would pull big money and 1500 sounds about right maybe couple hundred less.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Err, yeah I think your right and that pisses me off for missing that. My research on the card was seeing other copies w/ different (non overlapping parts of the elephant) , and seeing some examples of Reggie Jerseys w the Elephant logo on it that he signed. But I don't see a uni before 89 (except in the 50s) w game use. Sooo , maybe it's not my favorite patch anymore ;(

Ryan

The Patch is real and Reggie wore the jersey it came from but he wore it as a coach and not a player. He was a year and half removed from the league. I posted a response above but UD used both the 1987 and 1989 jersey for the set. I don't know why they dint stick with one or the other. Maybe just trying to fill supply as they had just enough material from both.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They Used a 1987 Jersey and they used a 1989 jersey with the Elephant, I wish they would have stayed with one and not crossed them as there is a difference between playing days worn (Albeit his last year in the league) vs Coaches worn. The Patches pieces with the Elephant are 1989 jersey and Patches with All Star patches were from 1987 jersey as they wore those patches all year during home games I believe. With Both jerseys being white its hard to distinguish what year of jersey or patch you have unless you pull the Sleeve patch from either the Elephant (1989 coach worn jersey) or AllStar Game patch (1987 game worn his last year playing).

Yes the 1/1 of that card would pull big money and 1500 sounds about right maybe couple hundred less.

Thx, I couldn't see a complete 89' auction , but I think what your saying makes sense just think it must be 1991 not 1989. Only info I found was him as a part time coach in 1991.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

I trust ya , trust me ;) Besides this one Heritage also had another one from 1988 end in 2014. My confusion comes from 1991 being the only year the A'a list him as a coach and 1991 being the only year he has any quotes as a coach. There isn't anything existing showing he was involved in 1989. But since the 2 Heritage Auctions are 1989 , I will go with that it was cut from the one ending in 06. Which I guess makes it a lil better of a coaches jersey since they won the WS that year, though I would traded anything for Clark to get a ring ;)

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Here are a couple of my better patches.

anybody ever seen another Larry doby patch? My doby patch is from 2004 fleer showcase

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Latest posts