Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Right now I'm missing like 4 guys to complete the HOF patch set (Ruth, Gehrig, Campanella, & Herb Pennock). There's a Herb right now on eBay but I'm going to pass on it as there have been far nicer ones that have come up his are coming up pretty frequently. If I get Gehrig I'll snatch a Pennock and I can find a Campy hopefully, then I'll just have Ruth :p

Herb pen**** will have many more in the next couple years because the jersey was just recently cut up starting on 2014 national treasures. Price should go down a touch.

However ruth patches....better bring 3k

A_Pharis

I own a handful too, they are great cards! Got pics of the Wilhelm? What team is the jersey from?

I'll get some tomorrow or Wednesday. I would have to think White Sox.

Very cool idea Adam, I'm usually a little hesitant to encourage people to rip apart rare certified prime patches for custom cards but on those I think it would be pretty awesome.

They'll never leave my collection, otherwise I wouldn't. I just want them to be featured on something with a picture of the player... and without the windows constricting the patches. Unlike a lot of "multi-swatch" GU, these patches are all one piece so I think they'd look better in one big window.

Also, I need to remember to set DAMN snipes. Missed on the Big Klu chain stitching patch to go with the patch I picked up last week. :(

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Herb pen**** will have many more in the next couple years because the jersey was just recently cut up starting on 2014 national treasures. Price should go down a touch.

However ruth patches....better bring 3k

100% agree! Pennock, as well as Lefty Gomez, will have a bunch coming out in new products I think the both of those will be super easy to pick up. Ruth will be difficult for sure but I'm going to save the best for last for sure :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll get some tomorrow or Wednesday. I would have to think White Sox.

They'll never leave my collection, otherwise I wouldn't. I just want them to be featured on something with a picture of the player... and without the windows constricting the patches. Unlike a lot of "multi-swatch" GU, these patches are all one piece so I think they'd look better in one big window.

Also, I need to remember to set DAMN snipes. Missed on the Big Klu chain stitching patch to go with the patch I picked up last week. :(

Was a pretty good price, he had a sweet block of 4 years.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Their is a nice 2004 ultimate collection jackie robinson and pee wee reese dual patch up on ebay! Somebody who doesn't have one should land it :)

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Their is a nice 2004 ultimate collection jackie robinson and pee wee reese dual patch up on ebay! Somebody who doesn't have one should land it :)

It's a really nice card, I think it's moreso for a Brooklyn Dodgers collector or something. I have a Maris/Berra Ultimate dual patch I picked up for like $200 or something around that and I only got it because I felt it was a steal, that's probably my nicest dual patch to be honest unless I'm forgetting something. I really like triple patch cards that are well done though :p. But I think the Robinson/Reese is one of the legendary dual patch cards everyone always loves showing that one off haha

A_Pharis

Fair warning. The current Klu tag piece won't be as cheap as the chain stitching. I have the patch version that's a part of the logo, and I forgot to set a snipe for the stitched version. I won't forget on this one... so I apologize, Tim, but it looks like one of us is going to have to pay more. :(

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Fair warning. The current Klu tag piece won't be as cheap as the chain stitching. I have the patch version that's a part of the logo, and I forgot to set a snipe for the stitched version. I won't forget on this one... so I apologize, Tim, but it looks like one of us is going to have to pay more. :(

I was actually considering making a play on that as well ;), but don't worry guys I don't want it that badly I just don't have anything of Klu's and some kind of prime patch would be cool to add but certainly doesn't have to be a tag. By the way Adam, considering throwing an offer out on this? IMO these cards are VERY nice and hold value very well - the BIN is a bit overpriced, but if he was willing to work with you a little I think you could come to a fair deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Playof...288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c983f6828

A_Pharis

I was actually considering making a play on that as well ;), but don't worry guys I don't want it that badly I just don't have anything of Klu's and some kind of prime patch would be cool to add but certainly doesn't have to be a tag. By the way Adam, considering throwing an offer out on this? IMO these cards are VERY nice and hold value very well - the BIN is a bit overpriced, but if he was willing to work with you a little I think you could come to a fair deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Playoff-Prime-Cuts-Lefty-Grove-Game-Worn-Hat-RARE-d-9-25-SP-/191532853288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c983f6828

With how much lower they have been selling, I'm not sure he'd like my offer. :-/