Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
In the end some of these went to set collectors and or resellers. Except for the Musial, no patch collector in their right mind would bid this high just for a patch of these players when way better patches have sold for less. Even the Musial which was nice is not his best. In the end seems like set collectors stepped in?

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I agree with you about the bidding, I expected high prices but I don't believe everything was fully kosher. But with that being said I told you the Musial would surprise you haha

I completely disagree on the musial. Winner has a feedback score of 18. No way that is legit. I have bought timeless treasures 1942 musial rookie jersey logo patches for a fraction of this price

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I completely disagree on the musial. Winner has a feedback score of 18. No way that is legit. I have bought timeless treasures 1942 musial rookie jersey logo patches for a fraction of this price

I'm not sure about the high bid (may or may not be legit) but even look at the other bids - there was a guy with a feedback score of almost 45,000 who bid $915 and a guy with like 270 who bid $1075 - I predicted $800 before the auction and I thought that was a very big premium and there were at least 2 legit bidders who surpassed that.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Was the price for the Gehrig high? It's a card I would have loved to pick up, but I wasn't sure how to price it.

I won the jersey (non-patch) Ott for a little under $50. Ott's one of those guys who I doubt any the teams will shell for a jersey any time in the future, so I figure worth picking up when the price is right.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Was the price for the Gehrig high? It's a card I would have loved to pick up, but I wasn't sure how to price it.

I won the jersey (non-patch) Ott for a little under $50. Ott's one of those guys who I doubt any the teams will shell for a jersey any time in the future, so I figure worth picking up when the price is right.

Gehrig button hole sold for 610 I believe. As for price on gehrig....my oponion is 600 is a but high but not by much. Prime cards of gehrig are hard to come by and usually demand a pretty good price. As for the ott I pretty much believe everything you said about him.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
With any card, pricing is an opinion. I wanted it, but gauged my value based on the one I own. I wasn't going over $500 for it. When I looked to set my snipe, it was already over. Kudos to the winner.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Really liked the GU on this one so i figured i'd go for it...

View attachment 51747

Cool card, I bought this one awhile back and overpaid by quite a bit for it

1406cab3-7ef6-43d4-93ad-ab2cdb713665_zpsb2e5e182.jpg

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Those final prices on those 02 fotg were a joke. I never remembered that set being so collectible. No jumbo patches. FOr the dollar you can do so much better other places.

Members online