Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't posted in quite some time but I'm a regular lurker in this thread. Hoping this qualifies...

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1432260676.875950.jpg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
VERY happy to see you were the one to win that. @MojoDan and I were texting about it. I can't remember if I showed this off or not, but for under $40 I thought this was a decent piece:

leaflimited1.jpg
leaflimited2.jpg

Good Price!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
That's awesome! Now best jeter patch .... ummmm maybe not, lol, Best jeter patch with a pinstripe.... Possibly.
Nelson Jeter collection is incredible so he may have one that Rivals that one. With that said its still a Jeets.

Im biased toward jeter pinstripe patches because he has just so few of them out there. So it might not be the best, but for my collection it will be the best I ever want!!!

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Can I go back and touch on the Lou Gehrig Triple Threads Tag Patch. I own the card. I saw it pulled in a break on BO. I bought it from the original owner who owned it since it was pulled and has never listed it on ebay. It is 100% unaltered. The #3 /3 has the rest of his last name on the patch. I know this as it was sold on ebay back when the product was released. I have not seen the #1 /3 so I cannot speak on that one. Maybe it is my scanner that makes the swatch look "too new" but in hand it definitely looks old. I cannot comment as to where Topps obtained the swatches for this set. Also, nobody has seen this card on ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) with a single plain swatch as it was never made with a single color swatch. Maybe someone "misremembered" or saw a different card but it wasn't this one. I don't know how to prove to anyone, that doubts its authenticity, that it is real and that it was pack pulled exactly as you see it.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Can I go back and touch on the Lou Gehrig Triple Threads Tag Patch. I own the card. I saw it pulled in a break on BO. I bought it from the original owner who owned it since it was pulled and has never listed it on ebay. It is 100% unaltered. The #3 /3 has the rest of his last name on the patch. I know this as it was sold on ebay back when the product was released. I have not seen the #1 /3 so I cannot speak on that one. Maybe it is my scanner that makes the swatch look "too new" but in hand it definitely looks old. I cannot comment as to where Topps obtained the swatches for this set. Also, nobody has seen this card on ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) with a single plain swatch as it was never made with a single color swatch. Maybe someone "misremembered" or saw a different card but it wasn't this one. I don't know how to prove to anyone, that doubts its authenticity, that it is real and that it was pack pulled exactly as you see it.

That's not gonna be enough bud, sorry.
Here is what I would do as it will be worth your time.
Continually contact topps and ask them for written documentation of this card being made by them and where the material came from. They may not hear ya the first time but keep at it as they are bound to give you an answer.
That's just my take on it.
Personally I have my reservations about the card and I don't mind not owning or going after it.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
That's not gonna be enough bud, sorry.
Here is what I would do as it will be worth your time.
Continually contact topps and ask them for written documentation of this card being made by them and where the material came from. They may not hear ya the first time but keep at it as they are bound to give you an answer.
That's just my take on it.
Personally I have my reservations about the card and I don't mind not owning or going after it.

Basically the only way this card is fake is if Topps used a fake swatch. That is 100% the only way it would not be real.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Basically the only way this card is fake is if Topps used a fake swatch. That is 100% the only way it would not be real.

Just keep trying to reach out to them as if they end up giving you some good info on it, I and other would love to take a shot at the card as of now I have no interest.

For the record I want it to be real as even for Pants tagging its rare.

Members online