Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Can I go back and touch on the Lou Gehrig Triple Threads Tag Patch. I own the card. I saw it pulled in a break on BO. I bought it from the original owner who owned it since it was pulled and has never listed it on ebay. It is 100% unaltered. The #3 /3 has the rest of his last name on the patch. I know this as it was sold on ebay back when the product was released. I have not seen the #1 /3 so I cannot speak on that one. Maybe it is my scanner that makes the swatch look "too new" but in hand it definitely looks old. I cannot comment as to where Topps obtained the swatches for this set. Also, nobody has seen this card on ebay (or anywhere else for that matter) with a single plain swatch as it was never made with a single color swatch. Maybe someone "misremembered" or saw a different card but it wasn't this one. I don't know how to prove to anyone, that doubts its authenticity, that it is real and that it was pack pulled exactly as you see it.

I haven't taken the time to look , but it'll it was pulled on BO , I'm sure a thread was made at the time of pull ? A card like that wouldn't usually be kept quiet. I'll see if there were any threads related to it. As to 3/3 , I haven't seen an image on google , worthpoint etc , which is weird if it was listed on eBay an image should exist somewhere , but I haven't been able to find any of them. If there was an image for 3/3 , it def could help your card.

Ryan

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I haven't taken the time to look , but it'll it was pulled on BO , I'm sure a thread was made at the time of pull ? A card like that wouldn't usually be kept quiet. I'll see if there were any threads related to it. As to 3/3 , I haven't seen an image on google , worthpoint etc , which is weird if it was listed on eBay an image should exist somewhere , but I haven't been able to find any of them. If there was an image for 3/3 , it def could help your card.

Ryan

There is a current thread about the Gehrig. Several people that were in the break, when it was pulled, remember the card. Unfortunately the original thread from the break no longer has pics due to how old it is.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
This was the thread from blowout:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...riple-threads-18-box-case-break-thread-2.html

This was the video from blowout:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...45-master-case-topps-triple-threads-live.html

Neither provide clear evidence as they are too old. Video & images no longer valid but you will see some comments surrounding the card.

Cool thanks , def not much there other than , that Gehrig was nice type line. Not much wow talk for sure. Hmm , sucks the video is gone. Thanks for finding it

Ryan

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Cool thanks , def not much there other than , that Gehrig was nice type line. Not much wow talk for sure. Hmm , sucks the video is gone. Thanks for finding it

Ryan

All of that info is in the Gehrig thread on BO. Also has a mod and others that were in the break that recall the card being pulled. Still doesn't clarify where Topps got the swatch which could prove to be a rather daunting task.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Here is my crosetti diamond kings patch. As for the patch size they are a bit small but not so small you can't appreciate the card. If the patch is a good patch then you will like the card. A old yankee pinstripe blue felt patch is a great patch :) I love the card! Got a couple more im trying to land!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 26

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Anybody else have a walter Johnson ball card? I absolutely love this card. Walter Johnson is one of the biggest names in baseball and he is almost impossible to find memorabilia from. This is my only big train piece and I don't think I will ever be able to get another.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 23

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Anybody else have a walter Johnson ball card? I absolutely love this card. Walter Johnson is one of the biggest names in baseball and he is almost impossible to find memorabilia from. This is my only big train piece and I don't think I will ever be able to get another.

Very nice, did you just pick it up?
To me it's one of the most historic memorabilia cards made as we know where the ball came from to the exact date.

oh and he is mine

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Awesome card! I got mine last year, bought it from astro830 I believe. I agree, knowing exactly where you can date it from is amazing. It is certainly a top 10 all time game used card in my oponion.

Members online